Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Is the player pouch used for anything besides placing a white or yellow cube to indicate extra/sequential actions?
2. Are you limited to one pilfer per turn regardless of the number of pawns that move?
3. Can a monk pilfer after they use Godspeed to move?
4. The Royal Writ cards that require you to reach 3 stars to get a bonus: do you claim any single bonus or does the bonus relate to the guild? I.E. If I reach 3 stars in the farmer guild, do I get 3 goods or can I take 3 shillings or a vessel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.

2. Yes, one pilfer per move action.

3. Yes, but only as the usual 1 allowed pilfer.

4. Mark ruled officially that you can only take the bonus associated with a guild you have 3 status stars in. You can not choose a vessel if you do not have enough stars in the alchemist guild, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poptasticboy wrote:
1. No.

2. Yes, one pilfer per move action.

3. Yes, but only as the usual 1 allowed pilfer.

4. Mark ruled officially that you can only take the bonus associated with a guild you have 3 status stars in. You can not choose a vessel if you do not have enough stars in the alchemist guild, etc.

Thanks for the quick response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
poptasticboy wrote:

This is really good to know. I believe you, but do you have a reference for this? Was it in the Kickstarter comments? A private message? Here on BGG?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah I knew someone would ask that! I'll have to hunt, I believe it would have been in the Kickstarter comments.

For the moment, this doesn't *quite* answer the question, but it sort of implies it:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/27221627#27221627

Mark's answer is in capitals. I've added bold to the part that implies it.

I'll hunt further when I get a chance to see where he answered specifically - unless he decides to jump in to this thread first of course :-)

"3. If I reach 3* in the Alchemist guild and play the corresponding Mandate card, do I have to choose a vessel, or can I choose 3 goods instead? If I can choose these goods (possibly only when reaching 3* in the Farmer's guild) do they have to be different from each other? Do they have to be randomly picked? (And I assume the footnote is missing for the goods in the explanation of this card, the way they are present on the card described below it.)

WHEN YOU REACH 3* IN A GUILD, YOU RANDOMLY DRAW THE RESOURCE(S) FROM SUPPLY. IN THE CASE OF 3 STATUS STARS IN THE FARMERS GUILD, YOU RANDOMLY DRAW FROM THE HAVERSACK. YES, AN ASTERISK SHOULD TECHNICALLY BE ADJACENT TO THE WORD "GOODS," HOWEVER, THE ICON DOES SHOW GOODS FROM THE HAVERSACK, SO IN THIS RESPECT, IT IMPLIES A RANDOM DRAW. : )"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshuaAcosta wrote:
poptasticboy wrote:

This is really good to know. I believe you, but do you have a reference for this? Was it in the Kickstarter comments? A private message? Here on BGG?
Thanks.

OK I've found it. It was in the Kickstarter comments in August 2017.

My question:

I have a question about the 2 Royal Writ cards that say in the rulebook "Reach 3* in 1 guild to earn..."

I'm assuming that it must be in one of the 3 guilds depicted on each card, but must the reward be the one for the related guild, or can you choose any of the 3 rewards?"

Mark's response:

@Chris Warr, Your assumption is correct. The reward is related to guild in which you achieve at least 3 status stars. If you have achieved this 3 star level in multiple guilds depicted on the card, then this opens up your reward options. But, you only get to choose 1 reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Howard University College of Medicine
badge
Reptar, King of the Ozone
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really great. Thanks for your diligence and awesomeness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.