Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be easy to assemble the resin figures? I have a very bad experience with them. For both the figures from Games Workshop and Flying Frog Games (Shadows of Brimstone) I used super-glue. And my fingertops stitched faster to each other than the resin-parts! cry
Shouldn't it be better to bring them out in plastic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
And my fingertops stitched faster to each other than the resin-parts! cry

Haha! I know the feeling!
Chris has said that the assembly will be easy as he doesn't like complicated assembly either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had any issues with resin so far. The vehicles I'm Halo Ground Command were combination of resin and metal, or all resin parts. I just got some resin Rumbleslam models, and while there wasn't much to assemble, they were fine.

I have always washed parts in soapy water and rinsed and let dry before gluing resin. I also have had good success with Gorilla Glue super glue. The regular kind and not the gell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain regarding glue. Supposedly plastic cement is the way to go with GW figures, it's supposed to melt the plastic together and help it bond. Unfortunately, some of the Shadows of Brimstone figures seem to be molded from Unglueium (tm) and didn't work with plastic cement, and had a very hard time with Super Glue (Cyanoacrylates).

I suspect Fallout: Wasteland warfare will be better - along the lines of GW quality - because it's targeted as a Miniatures game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
Unfortunately, some of the Shadows of Brimstone figures seem to be molded from Unglueium (tm) and didn't work with plastic cement, and had a very hard time with Super Glue (Cyanoacrylates).

Not to mention that they are of pretty poor quality. Once they were finished and ready for painting there were almost as much green stuff as there were plastic in them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lakoduk
msg tools
This is honestly the thing I dislike most about the game. Having to assemble figures.

I have light nerve damage in my hands so assembling miniatures is difficult. Luckily these are little more than gluing a figure to a base. I should be able to handle that.

Painting them? Yeah, I've seen toddlers coloring books that were far better than I can paint a mini.

Sadly my figures will just and up being the same color as the resin.

This is why I was a huge fan of games like Heroclix. Pre-painted and assembled miniatures. They didn't always look great but they were vastly superior to anything I could hope to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.