tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arbitrary Ranger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a six player game schedule in about two weeks, and we're going to just use the recommended default setup of archway (including all monster cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Van
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played once before and used the arch set so am hoping to ty a different set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think any of them would be great, but I’d like Mountain best, because it has combat bonuses for Shinto if you decide to keep them off those overcrowded shrines, and ways to get a Stronghold without Marshaling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nielson Jugalbot
Canada
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played with 3 archway and 1 teapot set and have to say that the next time I teach this game to a group of newbies, I will be using teapot set to emphasize the importance of alliances. It does depend if your group is into a take-that kind of approach or more laid back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talavan von Arkenfels
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArbitraryRanger wrote:
I have a six player game schedule in about two weeks, and we're going to just use the recommended default setup of archway (including all monster cards).

That is a lot of monsters! Could be confusing for new players....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take a look at my Season Card List in the Files section, and decide which your friends might like best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
mbmb
ArbitraryRanger wrote:

Just played a 6 player game.
Its quite bad in 6 players, lot of downtime, strategic balance lowers a lot and so on.

If you care about balance and you have the KS add at least 2 monsters per season otherwyse there will be too few cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ArbitraryRanger wrote:

You do know the recommended setup is 1-2 extra monsters per season, don't you? Just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ako_ay_bisaya wrote:
I've played with 3 archway and 1 teapot set and have to say that the next time I teach this game to a group of newbies, I will be using teapot set to emphasize the importance of alliances. It does depend if your group is into a take-that kind of approach or more laid back.

I think teapot should be avoided until people are familiar enough with the game to know the value of alliances. (Useful when it benefits you, but not necessary.)

Many of the posts I've seen about people thinking the game is unbalanced after their first play it turns out they were using the teapot set. (One thread in particular the winning player had Honesty and Loyalty, and always had an ally all game long, and OP was complaining that their clan was too powerful.)

Stick with archway and recommended Kami for first time players. They provide options to smooth out mistakes players might make while figuring out the game. (Extra mobility, summoning, coins, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Puhlmann
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
I think any of them would be great, but I’d like Mountain best, because it has combat bonuses for Shinto if you decide to keep them off those overcrowded shrines, and ways to get a Stronghold without Marshaling.

Thanks the set looks really good indeed. I will try it with six players this weekend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Smith
Switzerland
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonDodo wrote:

If you care about balance and you have the KS add at least 2 monsters per season otherwyse there will be too few cards.

There is at least 12 cards a season, and 2 train mandates. Thats enough to make sure everyone gets one, assuming there is no Ryujin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the above mentioned idea of Mountain at high counts. Buffing Shinto on map is great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.