Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [DEAD] [CS Daily Deal] Keyflower $34.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Carranza
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keyflower $34.99 at CoolStuffInc. Only 12 copies left as of the start of the deal...142 minutes later DEAD.

BGG link

While CoolStuffInc doesn't have a hold function during checkout like MM, you can select local pickup (Maitland location) and then email them requesting the order be put on hold. They usually respond right away and refund you the tax within 2-3 business days. Just be aware that only one Daily Deal item can be included when combining orders to obtain the free shipping.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [CS Daily Deal] Keyflower $34.99
You don't even have to email them
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew M
msg tools
Re: [CS Daily Deal] Keyflower $34.99
I genuinely just bought this yesterday for $42 (which I thought was a good deal) from Gamenerdz. You're welcome everyone.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Carranza
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And it's gone!

BTW, $42 is not a terrible price. I bought mine for $49.97 a year ago, also from GameNerdz. No regrets as I love this game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Ashlyn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got one, thanks ninja
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So annoying. The deal is dead by 5:30AM my time. What did they have, a mere 20 copies? This is the second time they have put that game in sale and had like no actual stock.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they only had 12 to begin with. But hey, it's Keyclower.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Montgomery
United States
Otisville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There were 18 when I looked at midnight EST.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel McDevitt
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed it! Oh well, I now have $35 more for those killer weekly sales...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ol' Skool

Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a copy I’d sell for $25 + shipping - box has minor damage - pieces mainly unpunched. Option to buy two promos as well. Yes, I realize this is not the geekbay, but still fairly hot 😉
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Batten
United States
Fairport
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel bad for CoolStuffInc when it comes to sales. If they put games on sale that few people want, people complain that the sales aren't good enough. If they put things on sale that people want and they sell out, people complain that they're sold out. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never e-mailed them to put something on hold. I e-mail them to combine or alter orders. Granted, if I have something on hold it isn't for long.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ElasticPanda wrote:
I feel bad for CoolStuffInc when it comes to sales. If they put games on sale that few people want, people complain that the sales aren't good enough. If they put things on sale that people want and they sell out, people complain that they're sold out. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.


The complaints arise in the amount that they do because they are valid. This is the reason I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars at MM, and only made 1-2 orders at CSI in the last two years. Same story for everyone in my gaming group.

For my specific complaint, I personally would like to throw business at CSI, but their sales aren't great, and when they do have a sale that is good enough to build an order around, the stock is often so low that they are gone before I wake up.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q]

The complaints arise in the amount that they do because they are valid. This is the reason I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars at MM, and only made 1-2 orders at CSI in the last two years. Same story for everyone in my gaming group.
[/q]

This and Customer Holds is the same reason for me...literary $100's of dollars spent at MM
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They do have a customer hold option, but it's not really advertised. You select "pickup at store" and then after you have enough orders like that you call in and request to release.

When MM has a hot game on their daily sale, there is always enough stock that I have till at least 8-10AM to pick up a copy before they stock out. They have around 1-2 daily sales I buy per month, and their prices are the generally the best, so it's not hard to build an order up around some sale items. They have frequent "big sales" which are either a hit or a miss, but they have them so often I almost always find something to add to my "order mountain". I just bought a bunch of accessories in their "extra 10% off clearance" sale.

As a gaming group, we often piggy back on each others "on hold orders" because it's easy to do. I love MM.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
ElasticPanda wrote:
I feel bad for CoolStuffInc when it comes to sales. If they put games on sale that few people want, people complain that the sales aren't good enough. If they put things on sale that people want and they sell out, people complain that they're sold out. Damned if you do; damned if you don't.


The complaints arise in the amount that they do because they are valid. This is the reason I have spent hundreds upon hundreds of dollars at MM, and only made 1-2 orders at CSI in the last two years. Same story for everyone in my gaming group.

For my specific complaint, I personally would like to throw business at CSI, but their sales aren't great, and when they do have a sale that is good enough to build an order around, the stock is often so low that they are gone before I wake up.


Swap CSI and MM and change "wake up" to "my computer can navigate their site" and my story matches yours exactly!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chicken Farmer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.


Yep. I've placed quite a few small orders with their last few weekly sales. Got 2 of the $2.99 games, then later that day a friend wanted them, then the next day saw another one that looked good. I just send them a quick e-mail asking them to change it to a hold order.

I do wonder why they don't just put the option for hold orders in there, like MM does. You'd think it would be easier to do that rather than having to manually refund the tax each time.

My only complaint, and probably the reason I've spent a lot more at MM than at CSI, is that you can only have 1 days daily deal in an order. Then if you see something you like at a price you want, you have to consider that you'll have to wait until you are at $100 to get that stuff shipped before you can get another (and then you're looking at spending another $100 to get that shipped, unless you want to fork out $6 for shipping).

At MM, it's "oh, that looks cool, I'll add it to my holds" and you're done. No worrying about if you've already done a daily deal in this batch of holds.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
HODL
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chickenfarmer100 wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.


Yep. I've placed quite a few small orders with their last few weekly sales. Got 2 of the $2.99 games, then later that day a friend wanted them, then the next day saw another one that looked good. I just send them a quick e-mail asking them to change it to a hold order.

I do wonder why they don't just put the option for hold orders in there, like MM does. You'd think it would be easier to do that rather than having to manually refund the tax each time.

My only complaint, and probably the reason I've spent a lot more at MM than at CSI, is that you can only have 1 days daily deal in an order. Then if you see something you like at a price you want, you have to consider that you'll have to wait until you are at $100 to get that stuff shipped before you can get another (and then you're looking at spending another $100 to get that shipped, unless you want to fork out $6 for shipping).

At MM, it's "oh, that looks cool, I'll add it to my holds" and you're done. No worrying about if you've already done a daily deal in this batch of holds.

Allowing customers to skim and hold daily deals has undermined "loss leader" retailing IMO. Daily deal discounts have diminished since 2015, as skimming and holding became the norm rather than the exception.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan the Wired
United States
flag msg tools
cunning stunt wrote:
Allowing customers to skim and hold daily deals has undermined "loss leader" retailing IMO.


From a business perspective, offering items on sale is done to motivate people to add additional items to their order. This strategy goes well with a minimum free shipping requirement.

Although I really like the feature, the customer holds system interferes with this selling strategy.

I wonder if a lower free shipping limit (like Game Nerdz at $75) might perform better. Too low and the business is spending too much on shipping. Amazon can do it because they can negotiate better rates and have some of their own shipping infrastructure.

It seems like the customer hold feature is a way to motivate people to shop at one retailer instead of other competing stores.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I typically have about 33% "daily-deals" in my holds, 33% pre-orders, and 33% regular items. I just let them fill up until pre-orders release and then I let an order go.

The model of sales is to get people in the door to buy more. For me, MM understands this and capitalizes on it.

The reason I don't shop with other places, is that they do not offer holds. I want to pre-order a game while the pre-order is available, I want to order the re-stock before it goes out of stock again, and I want to order the daily deal on the day it's available. I want to do all of this without having to go out of my way to build up an order to meet a minimum threshold for shipping. The retailer will still get the same amount of money from me, it will just be for items that I completely want, instead of the "oh ok, I'll drop $15 here and $20 there on these ho-hum games to get me to $100+". I hate doing that.

Their customer service is exemplary, by the way. They have bent over backwards for me on prices and cancelled orders. As long as MM keeps up their hold program, competitive prices, excellent customer service, I will never move my patronage elsewhere. I'm a spend-thrift and I spent a lot on games, I'm going to send my money to the retailer who wants it the most, and that's MM.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:
chickenfarmer100 wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.


Yep. I've placed quite a few small orders with their last few weekly sales. Got 2 of the $2.99 games, then later that day a friend wanted them, then the next day saw another one that looked good. I just send them a quick e-mail asking them to change it to a hold order.

I do wonder why they don't just put the option for hold orders in there, like MM does. You'd think it would be easier to do that rather than having to manually refund the tax each time.

My only complaint, and probably the reason I've spent a lot more at MM than at CSI, is that you can only have 1 days daily deal in an order. Then if you see something you like at a price you want, you have to consider that you'll have to wait until you are at $100 to get that stuff shipped before you can get another (and then you're looking at spending another $100 to get that shipped, unless you want to fork out $6 for shipping).

At MM, it's "oh, that looks cool, I'll add it to my holds" and you're done. No worrying about if you've already done a daily deal in this batch of holds.

Allowing customers to skim and hold daily deals has undermined "loss leader" retailing IMO. Daily deal discounts have diminished since 2015, as skimming and holding became the norm rather than the exception.
Whenever I purchase a lot of good daily deal games (MM) or make an entire order of sale priced games (CSI) then in my next order (or an order in the not too distant future) I buy something at normal price like a pre-order or a new release. While the bargain hunter in me knows I could wait for a better deal I do want to let these retailers know that I appreciate their sales and that a good sale will create loyalty. It's the "loss leader" strategy over the long term instead of all in one shopping trip. Plus I get a game way sooner in its price cycle than I typically would.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same. I'm waiting for my copy of Dragon Castle to release, but I might not be able to wait that long. My hold is approaching $200, so I feel obligated to release it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chicken Farmer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
chickenfarmer100 wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.


Yep. I've placed quite a few small orders with their last few weekly sales. Got 2 of the $2.99 games, then later that day a friend wanted them, then the next day saw another one that looked good. I just send them a quick e-mail asking them to change it to a hold order.

I do wonder why they don't just put the option for hold orders in there, like MM does. You'd think it would be easier to do that rather than having to manually refund the tax each time.

My only complaint, and probably the reason I've spent a lot more at MM than at CSI, is that you can only have 1 days daily deal in an order. Then if you see something you like at a price you want, you have to consider that you'll have to wait until you are at $100 to get that stuff shipped before you can get another (and then you're looking at spending another $100 to get that shipped, unless you want to fork out $6 for shipping).

At MM, it's "oh, that looks cool, I'll add it to my holds" and you're done. No worrying about if you've already done a daily deal in this batch of holds.

Allowing customers to skim and hold daily deals has undermined "loss leader" retailing IMO. Daily deal discounts have diminished since 2015, as skimming and holding became the norm rather than the exception.
Whenever I purchase a lot of good daily deal games (MM) or make an entire order of sale priced games (CSI) then in my next order (or an order in the not too distant future) I buy something at normal price like a pre-order or a new release. While the bargain hunter in me knows I could wait for a better deal I do want to let these retailers know that I appreciate their sales and that a good sale will create loyalty. It's the "loss leader" strategy over the long term instead of all in one shopping trip. Plus I get a game way sooner in its price cycle than I typically would.


And some of these "loss leaders" are ones they know aren't ever going to sell, and so it's a way to at least get something for it. Thieves' Market, for example, is $2.49 this week. It was also that same price a few weeks ago. I would wonder if they have actually sold any at the regular price of $14.49.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Batten
United States
Fairport
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chickenfarmer100 wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
cunning stunt wrote:
chickenfarmer100 wrote:
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
You don't even have to email them
FWiW, CSI's reps have always told me that it's best to email them when you're using the store pickup function as a method to hold for shipping later. There probably won't be an issue if you don't. But why risk it? Easily worth 30-60 seconds of effort to send an email to ensure nothing gets messed up concerning the status of you order.


Yep. I've placed quite a few small orders with their last few weekly sales. Got 2 of the $2.99 games, then later that day a friend wanted them, then the next day saw another one that looked good. I just send them a quick e-mail asking them to change it to a hold order.

I do wonder why they don't just put the option for hold orders in there, like MM does. You'd think it would be easier to do that rather than having to manually refund the tax each time.

My only complaint, and probably the reason I've spent a lot more at MM than at CSI, is that you can only have 1 days daily deal in an order. Then if you see something you like at a price you want, you have to consider that you'll have to wait until you are at $100 to get that stuff shipped before you can get another (and then you're looking at spending another $100 to get that shipped, unless you want to fork out $6 for shipping).

At MM, it's "oh, that looks cool, I'll add it to my holds" and you're done. No worrying about if you've already done a daily deal in this batch of holds.

Allowing customers to skim and hold daily deals has undermined "loss leader" retailing IMO. Daily deal discounts have diminished since 2015, as skimming and holding became the norm rather than the exception.
Whenever I purchase a lot of good daily deal games (MM) or make an entire order of sale priced games (CSI) then in my next order (or an order in the not too distant future) I buy something at normal price like a pre-order or a new release. While the bargain hunter in me knows I could wait for a better deal I do want to let these retailers know that I appreciate their sales and that a good sale will create loyalty. It's the "loss leader" strategy over the long term instead of all in one shopping trip. Plus I get a game way sooner in its price cycle than I typically would.


And some of these "loss leaders" are ones they know aren't ever going to sell, and so it's a way to at least get something for it. Thieves' Market, for example, is $2.49 this week. It was also that same price a few weeks ago. I would wonder if they have actually sold any at the regular price of $14.49.


They actually had Thieves' Market for sale at that price even before that. It kind of baffles me since it's actually a pretty fun game in my personal opinion. With the custom dice alone it's worth more than $2.49.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.