7 Posts

The Order of Vampire Hunters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shortest path and tunnels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fredoss
France
flag msg tools
When resolving an activation card and looking for the shortest path between a vampire who is in a tunnel, and a hunter who is outside the tunnnel: should you count passing the area "In" or "Out" of the tunnel?Should we choose the shorter of the two? Conversely with the hunter in the tunnel and the vampire outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
I am not sure I understand the question.

Quote:
Should we choose the shorter of the two?

This is simple: yes.

Quote:
Conversely with the hunter in the tunnel and the vampire outside.

It does not make any difference, as far as I can see.

Quote:
should you count passing the area "In" or "Out" of the tunnel

This is the question I do not understand. If path goes through an Area, count the Area. There is nothing particularly special about the three areas in the tunnel.

Perhaps this makes it simpler: Vampires move through the tunnels just like Hunters. Count the length of the path the same way as when Hunters move along it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony at DGgames US wrote:

This is the question I do not understand. If path goes through an Area, count the Area. There is nothing particularly special about the three areas in the tunnel.

Perhaps this makes it simpler: Vampires move through the tunnels just like Hunters. Count the length of the path the same way as when Hunters move along it.

I think what the OP was asking is from which end of the tunnel do you count the distance? From the entrance of the tunnel or the exit of the tunnel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
Quote:
I think what the OP was asking is from which end of the tunnel do you count the distance? From the entrance of the tunnel or the exit of the tunnel?

That is the question I answered. Just count every Area along the path that they will travel along. Choose the path as if you were moving a Hunter trying to move as efficiently as possible.

Perhaps I do not understand the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony at DGgames US wrote:
Quote:

That is the question I answered. Just count every Area along the path that they will travel along. Choose the path as if you were moving a Hunter trying to move as efficiently as possible.

Perhaps I do not understand the question.

First, let’s make sure I understand how tunnels work correctly - maybe that will answer the question. If I use Tunnel Access 1 to reach the Tunnel, then while in the Tunnel, I decided to go back to the same room I came from (the one with Tunnel Access 1), do I still have to continue through the Tunnel and reach the Exit point? Or I simply turn back and go through the Entrance I came from? I ask because the rules imply that I should use the Exit to reach ANOTHER Tunnel Access token (2 or 3). I hope that was clear.

I should mention that I appreciate your answers. I realize that answering many questions or the same question multiple times can be frustrating, but I really like this game and find it refreshing from something like Zombicide. The vampire theme and the way they move and stalk hunters are translated well.

I should also mention that for a game that requires understanding many bits and pieces, I thought the rulebook did a very good job. This is probably the least number of questions I had for a game of this size after reading the rules and having my first play through. Kudos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
I suggest you enter the Tunnels through the In Area and leave through the Out Area. This removes the need to remember where Hunters and Vampires were on previous turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saud M.
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was a sufficient answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.