1 , 2  Next »   | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Top 10 Most Wanted Heroes/Villains/Masterminds/Henchmen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben R
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the announcement of WWHulk, it seems that a lot of people got at least one entry, if not more, on their 'Most Wanted Characters' list knocked off.

So where does everybody stand now? I'm curious to see. Heroes, Villains, Masterminds, Henchmen even? Have fun, and let your imaginations run wild - if some obscure c-lister is at the top, I want to know who and why.

Personally -

1) Matt Murdock - 65 (Mastermind) I was never that fond of the original Daredevil, and wasn't impressed when I first saw him in the pages of Spider-Gwen. Then I realized he was working for the Kingpin. And is a completely manipulative, evil, cocky SOB. Easily one of my favorite villains of all time. I would sooooo love the opportunity to give him the beatdown he has earned

2) Siren Admittedly, there's been only two sets Rescue would have fit in so far, the omissions were especially grave because those sets were Secret Wars I and II. It baffles me with all the love Iron Man gets (undestandably so) how this part of his history has been omitted so far. Plus, another ranged/tech combo would be nice to have.

3) New Look Jessica Drew - A better look for Jessica Drew then her original costume, added in with the stress of giving birth, motherhood, mentoring Silk and Spider Gwen, and everything she wen through with Porcupine leaves some nice design options open for a revamp

4) Michael Hawthorne, Necromancer While he didn't have the longest run in comics (well, for an ally of Deadpool it was long) he definitely made an impact. Solid character overall in the comics, and his necromancy abilities could be put to use in some unique ways, I feel

5) Agent Phil Coulson - Such a badass on multiple levels. I think it's not matter of if, but when for Phil - just need to find where he fits well in both a story and gameplay environment

6) Madcap (Mastermind) - Take the insanity of the Joker, Deadpool's regenerative abilities, and Loki's mind control abilities, and a incredible desire to make things personal. An extreme threat whose tactics could (and probably would) be all over the pace - but still incredibly challenging at the same time

7) Youndu Went from not liking him at the beginning of GotG to him being one of my favorites of the series by the end of GotG2. I'd be most excited to see his arrow as a rare and how much carnage could be caused with it.

8 Adam Warlock I like the current GotG team, but I would like members of the team that aren't so insular, and I think that Adam Warlock would be able to do that (along with Youndu). I don't think his cards would be anything too flashy, but still damned effective (like Captain Marvel)

9 Chitauri I'll take either a henchmen group or a villain group, although I would prefer a henchmen group as they tend to get the least representation. Lots of options for design, - especially if they go down the villain group route

10 Purple Man (Mastermind) Given the popularity of Jessica Jones, the Purple Man is one of the most well known villains who isn't represented in Legendary. I like the 'Low Attack, difficult to actually attack' designs in Masterminds - and I feel he would be a good idea for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like a Multiple Man Hero set. I'd be even more pleased if it broke the 5/5/3/1 format somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
My list is determined mostly by the amount of comic book appearances a hero has had, and they somehow still do not have a Card set of their own.

1) Hank Pym
(2260+ issues) Founding Avenger as Ant Man. Card set could be broken into his multiple Heroes - Ant-Man, Giant Man, Yellow Jacket...
Not to mention MCU.

2) Scarlet Witch (2150+ issues). Long time Avenger. MCU.

3) Wasp
(2090+ issues) Founding Avenger. Leader of Avengers for many years. MCU presence.

4) Quicksilver (1540+ issues). Avenger, Villain, MCU, X-Men movies.

(She Hulk would go here...but we are getting her in WWH...as a hero...I hope.)

5) Norman Osborn (1190+ issues) Mastermind. Both vs. Avengers and Spidey

6) Wonder Man (1160+ issues) Last member of the 1000+ comics club that does not have a set yet.

These next 4 are more personal preference.

7) WarMachine (850+ issues) Avenger & MCU.

8) Mockingbird (580+ issues) Avengers, Spidey, SHIELD and Agents of SHIELD

9) Ka-Zar (430+ issues) When a marvel character goes to the Savage Land...they meet Ka-Zar. Classic Marvel Character.

10) Colossus (2210+ issues) 5 issues were SoulSword version in Inferno and 19 issues as member of "Cable & X-force".
Sure he has a split card...anyway...you have all heard this from me before.

Chart with the Comics appearance data....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efxxZmcrZTYKoGmPF4rL...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
I'd really like a Multiple Man Hero set. I'd be even more pleased if it broke the 5/5/3/1 format somehow.

Honestly, it would be kind of funny for him to have an 11/3 format just to emphasize the redundancy. The 11 commons being something rather mundane, then the 3 uncommons all give power equal to the highest number of exact copies of a non-shield Heroes or some such.

He’d be the character to do that with if they were ever gonna, that’s for sure!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really like to see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Those two probably come up a lot.

I'd also like to see more Villains playable. I don't like the Villains terminology but still would like to see some playable Villains. I know Villains using the Heroic terminology can seem weird, but I'm down with it for consistency's sake. Red Skull, Doctor Doom, Dark Avengers, Galactus (too much?), Apocalypse, The Mandarin, the list is too long! Almost any Mastermind could be a great Villain.

People are probably a little burnt with X-Men, but they're my favorite and I would like to see more as well. Heroic Magneto (maybe from Age of Apocalypse?), Sunfire(!!!), Mimic, Rachel Grey-Summers (Marvel Girl? Prestige? Phoenix?), Chamber, Blink, even newer ones like Darwin, Anole, Hope, Hellion, etc.

More X-Force. Archangel, Caliban, Warpath, Fantomex, etc.

Official cards for anybody I made customs for.

...Wait, I was supposed to keep it to 10? OK, how about a short list of Heroes that can be a small box then:

NEW WARRIORS! NEW WARRIORS! NEW WARRIORS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes: The Wasp, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Ant-Man/Giant Man/Yellowjacket (Hank Pym), Scarlet Witch, Jessca Jones, Adam Warlock, Yondu, Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell, the original), War Machine, Magneto (heroic X-Men version), all the New Mutants, Hope Summers, Wonder Man, Blink, Hellcat, Mockingbird, Ka-Zar

Masterminds: Kang, Ultron, Purple Man, Hela, The Grandmaster, The Collector, Norman Osborne, M.O.D.O.K., Doctor Octopus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
My list is determined mostly by the amount of comic book appearances a hero has had, and they somehow still do not have a Card set of their own.

1) Hank Pym
(2260+ issues) Founding Avenger as Ant Man. Card set could be broken into his multiple Heroes - Ant-Man, Giant Man, Yellow Jacket...
Not to mention MCU.

Heroes:

Ant-Man (Hank Pym w/golden age art), Goliath, Yellowjacket, Wasp(modern art), Ant Man (Scott Lang)

Masterminds:

Ultron (Leads other Ultrons)
Egghead(Golen age art) - Leads Emissaries of Evil(Egghead)

Add in a few schemes, tweak Elusive for use on hero cards, more size changing, and another new mechanic and there's the fall small box set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverFirePrime wrote:
Purple Man (Mastermind) Given the popularity of Jessica Jones, the Purple Man is one of the most well known villains who isn't represented in Legendary. I like the 'Low Attack, difficult to actually attack' designs in Masterminds - and I feel he would be a good idea for this.

Human Shields would be a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I would love to see Classic Alpha Flight members, Guardian (perhaps with a Vindicator Divided), Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, Puck, and Marrina. I would have said that it was unlikely to see them, given Marvel's reluctance to use the characters in a long term, meaningful way. But with Sasquatch and Puck being cast members in Captain Marvel recently, and Sasquatch joining the Immortal Hulk series shortly, it might be possible... and consider that we saw a Marvel Noir set released, despite not having a project in the works for some years!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Medaris
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I agree with many of the suggestions mentioned herein. That being said, here is my list, in no particular order:

1. Sin (Mastermind) The female daughter of Red Skull who seeks to carry on his vision, more or less, to take over the world? Yes please!

2. Purple Man (Mastermind or Villain) As noted by the OP, he could be weak yet frustratingly difficult to attack and could probably have some good mechanics to turn heroes against each other, if a mastermind. He could also force heroes into killing bystanders, perhaps?

3. Norman Osborn (Mastermind) One of Spidey's greatest villains needs his chance to shine as a mastermind!

4. Cottonmouth (Mastermind) or Serpent Society (Villains) Either would be a fun addition for the Marvel Knights to deal with.

5. Crossbones (Villain) He may could work as a mastermind, but he seems to follow orders more often than giving them.

6. Medusa (Hero) The wife of Black Bolt (as well as several other Inhumans) needs to be added to the game sooner rather than latter.

7. Ant-Man (Hero) Seriously. This guy deserves to be in the game along with a written apology from UD!

8. Scarlet Witch (Hero) She is one of the most powerful magic-users in the Marvel universe. Let's give her a chance to play!

9. MODOK (Mastermind) I'd love to see a proper version of this odd looking fellow in the game as a serious enemy.

10. Ultron (Mastermind) This guy needs to lead his Ultron Drones against the heroes in a meaningful way. He is too powerful to be kept at mere villain status.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t have a specific order so I’ll just kick out 10 I’ve wanted to see

- Warpath. Current member of the Weapon X team (essentially X-Force right now).
- Cardiac. Both an ally and adversary to Spider-man (like damn near every other vigilante in New York). Don’t know why but I’ve always like him. Could do interesting stuff with the KO pile presumably.
- Multiple Man. See above. Really enjoy him as a back-up adversary though and wouldn’t blame them if that’s where they left him.
- Red Hulk. I’m not going to assume he’s in WWH. A lot of interesting things they could do him his set.
- War Machine. It still amazes me how many don’t realize that Rhodes was Iron Man for much of the 80s, including during the first Secret Wars. The War Machine armor was one of the best things to come out of the early 90s in comics and it’s sad he hasn’t been given his due, all because marvel threw him away a couple years ago.
-Ant-man. Just sad we haven’t seen him yet.
-Jessica Jones. Second season was a disappointment, but not awful. She just has too much exposure to not get her own Hero deck. She’s the only Hero without one from the Netflixers.
-Redone initial Masterminds and Villain groups. This really does need to be addressed. They did a great job making sure the most iconic Masterminds were in the base game. They honestly did a great job making the game interesting with them when playing with 5 players. But at this juncture, they need an update and the difficulty curve (particularly the fact that winning with 5 players is more dumb luck then skill "rules as written" when venturing outside the base box) should be addressed when playing with the higher amounts of p[layers. House rules always just leave a community divided and inconsistent.
-More Villains period. And I mean actual Villains. I’d rather see 4 line-ups of Masters of Evil in different sets then anymore X-men variations. Marvel has such a rich stable of Villains, they have honestly hardly scratched the surface. They could also add new triggers such as “Move” where something happens everytime they move or when they move into or out of a particular space. This is where the game seems to have the most room for growth and allows for more mileage on current hero decks.
-More Villains content. I could make a top 50 Villains Id like to see playable. And for people who enjoy the Villains side, it has a different feel. Bindings are acquired for much different reasons then wounds and I’d really like to see at least a few hundred more cards strictly dedicated to this side to plug its holes. If a portion wants to whine about it, I feel those looking for it would gladly pay for a 4th expansion in a year if that’s the only way they were gonna get it

And one more that’s not a major priority but still:

-Namor. I know we already have him, but I feel if they were to do him again to put him on a hero team, we’d be able to get some great Deep Water MMs (Attuma), Villains (Tiger Shark), and Schemes (Flood the surface World).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:
Purple Man (Mastermind) Given the popularity of Jessica Jones, the Purple Man is one of the most well known villains who isn't represented in Legendary. I like the 'Low Attack, difficult to actually attack' designs in Masterminds - and I feel he would be a good idea for this.

I could see him having both human shields and "Evasive". You gotta produce so many stars BEFORE you can even start cracking at shields. And immune to PE just for good measure lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:

1) Hank Pym
Not to mention MCU.

2) Scarlet Witch (2150+ issues). Long time Avenger. MCU.

3) Wasp
(2090+ issues) Founding Avenger. Leader of Avengers for many years. MCU presence.

4) Quicksilver (1540+ issues). Avenger, Villain, MCU, X-Men movies.

(She Hulk would go here...but we are getting her in WWH...as a hero...I hope.)

5) Norman Osborn (1190+ issues) Mastermind. Both vs. Avengers and Spidey

6) Wonder Man (1160+ issues) Last member of the 1000+ comics club that does not have a set yet.

These next 4 are more personal preference.

7) WarMachine (850+ issues) Avenger & MCU.

8) Mockingbird (580+ issues) Avengers, Spidey, SHIELD and Agents of SHIELD

9) Ka-Zar (430+ issues) When a marvel character goes to the Savage Land...they meet Ka-Zar. Classic Marvel Character.

10) Colossus (2210+ issues) 5 issues were SoulSword version in Inferno and 19 issues as member of "Cable & X-force".
Sure he has a split card...anyway...you have all heard this from me before.

Chart with the Comics appearance data....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efxxZmcrZTYKoGmPF4rL...

In other words, you're looking for an Avengers box, and I completely agree with you.

I haven't read comics regularly in over 15 years, and I was never a huge Marvel reader, but I know a lot of the characters from having read a few of the comics here and there, plus the movies, cartoons, etc over the years. So the detailed sets based on specific storylines and oddball parallel continuities are lost on me.

But looking at the expansions for this game, the first thought that crossed my mind is why they haven't done a straight up Avengers box with the rest of the classic lineup that was missing from the base set? Your top 4 above plus Vision are the ones who came to mind for me. I haven't looked at every set so maybe some of those are in the Civil War or Secret Wars boxes, but it just seems logical to do an Avengers set like they did for the X-Men, not tied to specific stories. The fact that so many of those characters are in the movies already should make them that much more accessible to the average gamer who might not be a huge comics reader, like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:

I really like this idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legendary Fanatic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 10? I must be really greedy.

And Michael Douglas said "Greed is good" in the movie Wall Street. And now he is Hank Pym in the MCU. So obviously that means that Hank Pym must be added into Legendary soon! At least in my warped sense of logic it does.

So here are my top 10 (in no particular order):

Hank Pym (Avengers affiliation) - with cards showing him as Ant Man, Yellow Jacket, and Giant Man (as has been suggested by many others previously).

Wasp (Avengers) - because having Ant Man without the Wasp would be like paying a male actor more for a role than an equally qualified female actor...it's just not right! That's right, I went there. whistle

Scarlet Witch (Avengers) - I can't believe I've played over 1800 games of Legendary without using hex magic. I mean it's unheard of! Actually, I believe she has to be my most wanted character.

Quicksilver (Avengers) - because Wanda without Pietro would be like separating twins at birth...simply diabolical!

Vision (Avengers) - not the Young Avengers version that we are currently playing. I want the original who was married to Scarlet Witch. We seriously need a "Behold the Vision" rare card.

Wonder Man (Avengers) - yeah, it's kind of obvious that I'm going for the Avengers of the late 70's/early 80's. That was the team I grew up with that really set the tone for my love of Marvel. And Wonder Man also has ties with Wanda. Now that I think about it, I'd love to see a Scarlet Witch small box with Wanda, Quicksilver, Vision, Wonder Man, and Magneto (X-Man hero version). That would definitely fill in some Legendary gaps for me!

Beast (Avengers) - true, we already have him with Illuminati and X-Men affiliations, but I would love to see the George Perez version with the sculpted "fur-cut".

Hellcat (Avengers) - Patsy Walker made it to Netflix, so let's bring her home to the game we all love.

Spider Woman (Avengers) - sorry, but seeing her with the Spider-friends affiliation isn't enough for me. I'd like to see her with the same costume, but with an Avengers affiliation. Oh, and better hair. For some reason, her current pics make her hair look unwashed and greasy (IMHO). She needs to have the flowing hair designed by Frank Cho!

Thor (Avengers) - with Mjolnir as a Thrown Artifact!

So that's 10, but since I'm greedy, I'll add in another:

Captain America (Avengers) - because Cap's shield really needs to be a Thrown Artifact too! But please, no more Captain Americas (in any form) after that!

And with all these Avengers, we simply have to have an Ultron Mastermind with Henchmen. I mean, how could we not?

I could go on for a lot longer (Adelin had some great ideas for Defenders in another thread), but that's all for now. I'm still sad we didn't get an Avengers big box for this summer, but there's always next year...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
stilllovemarvel wrote:
...She needs to have the flowing hair designed by Frank Cho!

If Frank Cho does any Legendary set it will be a Savage Land small box filled with Dinosaurs and Shanna.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:

And maybe:
Master Strike: Replace the Highest Cost Hero in the HQ with the Master Strike, and place Hero next to Mastermind. Hero has Strike equal to Recruit Cost, and Mastermind cannot be attacked while any heroes are controlled this way. When hero is defeated, KO a master strike in the HQ and replace it with this hero.

Prob not compatible with other HQ manipulating Schemes, such as detonate the Hellicarrier. And prob need some type of "Recruit Value" for Villains that get Strike equal to cost of hero below.

Just my fun thought for today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Dragon wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:

I could see him having both human shields and "Evasive". You gotta produce so many stars BEFORE you can even start cracking at shields. And immune to PE just for good measure lol

redvulture wrote:
And maybe:
Master Strike: Replace the Highest Cost Hero in the HQ with the Master Strike, and place Hero next to Mastermind. Hero has Strike equal to Recruit Cost, and Mastermind cannot be attacked while any heroes are controlled this way. When hero is defeated, KO a master strike in the HQ and replace it with this hero.

Prob not compatible with other HQ manipulating Schemes, such as detonate the Hellicarrier. And prob need some type of "Recruit Value" for Villains that get Strike equal to cost of hero below.

Ooh, those are all good ideas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redvulture wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
SilverFirePrime wrote:

And maybe:

Honestly the only thing you’d have to change is your choice of player gains the hero when defeated and the Master Strike just goes away. If the Master Strike gets KO’d by a scheme effect, it still gets replaced as normal or some similar clarification specified in the rules for that situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Sobel
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*scribbles furiously*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murrell Sippy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SilverFirePrime wrote:

9 Chitauri I'll take either a henchmen group or a villain group, although I would prefer a henchmen group as they tend to get the least representation. Lots of options for design, - especially if they go down the villain group route

I honestly can't stress enough how much I loved how the Shi'ar were done, and the Hellfire Club. To me, any Villain faction with "armies" should have both Henchmen and "elite" troops as Villains. Having a couple named Chitauri with single Villain cards and 2 copies of elite troops would be great. But it would still be missing the right feel if there wasn't Chitauri grunts running around if I was trying to Simulate an invasion force.

Apply this to the Kree, Hydra, the Hand, the Skrulls, Assassin's Guild, Thieves Guild, Sentinels, Hammer Industries etc. Definitely not too late, and they revamp heroes so revamping Villains seems like it could be in order as well. But if we're talking about adding new, definitely would like to see the Shi'ar style continued!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_RedMask wrote:
*scribbles furiously*

In that case --> https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/28024456#28024456

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_RedMask wrote:
*scribbles furiously*

Why? You never heard of Copy-Paste?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
_RedMask wrote:
*scribbles furiously*

In that case --> https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/28024456#28024456

Or...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1268493/marvel-master-datab...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legendary Fanatic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RangerRob24 wrote:
stilllovemarvel wrote:
...She needs to have the flowing hair designed by Frank Cho!

If Frank Cho does any Legendary set it will be a Savage Land small box filled with Dinosaurs and Shanna.

You know, the more I think about it, the more fun I think a Savage Land small box would be. That would be a lot of fun letting the heroes face off against dinosaurs! But without size-changing. I think that makes it too easy to beat the Monsters Unleashed. IMHO it really should be harder to beat giant monsters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.