Recommend
40 
 Thumb up
 Hide
89 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Online Game Generator (Map & Board) Smartphone friendly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
1 /!k3 7#3 $33d u u$3d.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
1 /!k3 7#3 $33d u u$3d.
m3 700
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bope1 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Keep in mind that if every planet type has another of the same within Nav 2, this is considered balanced. meeple
Done - i implemented also the "+" and "++" options which reduce the max cluster size to 5 or 4

I see 3 settings:
Comon
Comon+
Comon++

So comon = no balance?
Comon+ = Max planet cluster of 5?
Comon++ = Max cluster of 4?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
„Comon“
Each type is reachable to any other via at least one pair within Nav2 and homelands are never closer than Nav3

„Comon +“
AND Max cluster size of 5

„Comon ++“
AND Max cluster size of 4
EDIT: AND only one cluster of size 4 (slow)

This is not fix just playing around finding good configurations

btw:
Tried to find a 4-player map with only clusters of maxsize 3 and also match the "Comon" criteria. Did not found one within milions of rolls. I ask myself if it is impossible since the default map has one cluster of size 4 too. This mathematical topology is certainly easy to crack ? Questions that move the world whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great, nice work!

Regarding «balance»: our goal with the generator we made was to skip the boring part where one player rotates sectors, but still have a map that did not favor any faction too much. I am not sure we succeeded, but it seems that simply eliminating «illegal» maps might go a long way.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel Wales
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
First of all, great work, thanks so much for doing this!

But is it possible to separate out the map constraints a little more?
Or maybe make each a separate option?

I'd like to select this:
bope1 wrote:

homelands are never closer than Nav3

But not necessarily this:
bope1 wrote:

Each type is reachable to any other via at least one pair within Nav2

And then optionally
bope1 wrote:
AND Max cluster size of 5

or this
bope1 wrote:

AND Max cluster size of 4
EDIT: AND only one cluster of size 4 (slow)

Again thanks for your effort, I used your randomizer just yesterday and it was very nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand what I'm supposed to be selecting from the Map dropdown box? Why wouldn't the app select this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
ive added sme features e.g. an automa generator. giv it a try
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bope1 wrote:
ive added sme features e.g. an automa generator. giv it a try
Wouldn't it make more sense to have this on a separate page?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:
bope1 wrote:
ive added sme features e.g. an automa generator. giv it a try
Wouldn't it make more sense to have this on a separate page?
Yes thought same - havf it on my list...
The idea doing ir like this is that the automa sequenz is always the same dependong to the seed. So you may can „Automa challenge“ somebody else usung same condutions 😎
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bope1 wrote:
ive added sme features e.g. an automa generator. giv it a try
There's two features I'd like. First, I'd love a text interpretation of the automa action. Like:

The Automa...

Builds a Mine

- Taking the top goal card into consideration, if it is applicable

- Within a range of 4 hexes

- Selecting the world closest to the player

- and resolving ties in a directional pattern from top left to bottom right



Secondly I'd like to be able to select the automa's faction and have the faction action indicate which actions the faction will take.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
msg tools
Did something break? It won't let me select 7 tiles 5B 6B 7B for a 2 player game anymore, and it worked last weekend.

Edit: It's working now. I don't know what was happening before.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
The new autonoma feature is great!

Would you consider having a variable number of automa during a play?
That's one feature that is not currently possible with the supplied components (you need to print cards from the file's section, and it increases fiddlyness, making an app more useful)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
This is a nitpick, but I find the yellow and orange planet hues too similar, would you mind making them a bit more distinctive?

It's obviously not necessary, hence the nitpick qualification.

Great work, much appreciated!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavi
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole web is so great. Thank you very much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great work. I thought it was already good early on but you've added so much to it and improved the UI

the notes about how the selections work was very helpful. I will be using this for all my future games
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Parker
msg tools
Thanks a lot for this. But is it me or is the 2 player default using the wrong map parts?
Something weird is going on. Defualt 2 player is using 5F,6F and 7F. 3 player is using 5B,6B and 7B. 4 player is using 5F, 6F and 7F. Why?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Pandemonium135 wrote:
Thanks a lot for this. But is it me or is the 2 player default using the wrong map parts?
Something weird is going on. Defualt 2 player is using 5F,6F and 7F. 3 player is using 5B,6B and 7B. 4 player is using 5F, 6F and 7F. Why?

Fixed it thx for feedback!

Also fixed another bug :
In the Automa deck the additional card was missing
thx to *mskiba*
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I just want to bring this back to the top. It's a great generator and if anyone has any questions about an option there is Information link at the bottom.

I do have one request, is it possible to add a balance method where you will have one set of same planet types within NAV 2 for each planet type? There could also be a balance method where each planet type has at least 2 sets of planet types within NAV 2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great!

But if I may ask for just 2 things

1) make the colors more distinct, i know they are all kind of the same besides blue yellow and green but maybe there is a way if we dont try to make them close to the original but distinct from each other

2) for 3p allow other geometries, my favorite is 2/3/3, it makes the map more compact

for instance in this map:
http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=4&p=3&m=5&b=4

I think it would be cooler if 4 or 6 were next to 1,3,5

we break 2 connections but create 3
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kohler
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Not super urgent, but each of the hexes has an attribute of transform="rotate(130,130)", which causes a warning in my browser, because rotate only takes one number (or 3 if you want to rotate around a different origin).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
regarding my request for distinct planet colors.. my group is using the app to pick races before we meet live to play the game

this way we can think about all the variables without wasting each other players time (since they cant really decide much before seeing what the previous player picked
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Seed 3333 is an ugly setup for the tech board. Check it out!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Seed 3333 is an ugly setup for the tech board. Check it out!
Indeed. gulp
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
I just want to bring this back to the top. It's a great generator and if anyone has any questions about an option there is Information link at the bottom.

I do have one request, is it possible to add a balance method where you will have one set of same planet types within NAV 2 for each planet type? There could also be a balance method where each planet type has at least 2 sets of planet types within NAV 2.

I'm not sure what you meant. Thinking about an additional button that adds the behavior to existing methods, or is it a completely new rule?


HairyMezican wrote:
Not super urgent, but each of the hexes has an attribute of transform="rotate(130,130)", which causes a warning in my browser, because rotate only takes one number (or 3 if you want to rotate around a different origin).

fixed


Songok wrote:
This is great!

But if I may ask for just 2 things

1) make the colors more distinct, i know they are all kind of the same besides blue yellow and green but maybe there is a way if we dont try to make them close to the original but distinct from each other

2) for 3p allow other geometries, my favorite is 2/3/3, it makes the map more compact

for instance in this map:
http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=4&p=3&m=5&b=4

I think it would be cooler if 4 or 6 were next to 1,3,5

we break 2 connections but create 3

1) just implemented color picker bellow the map view

2) have it on my list
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |