Recommend
40 
 Thumb up
 Hide
89 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Online Game Generator (Map & Board) Smartphone friendly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my sugestion for the colors

https://color.hailpixel.com/#FF160A,FF8400,F2FF00,523A00,808...


I thought about something else for balance, which has to do with planets overall location

Sometimes a certain color (or colors) has all their planets near the edges of the map which makes them a lot less competitive, no matter how the rest of the setup goes

to balance this we could create zones (could be manual for each map, or just based on distance from center) and give each planet a certain value based on their zone. Then add all planets for each color, and block configs that would create too much of a disparity, lets say, value of best > 2x value of worst

this would simulate the last player rotating the map to prevent such inbalances

an example for the 3p map could be this zoning, anything inside the red would be 3points, and outside purple 1 point, anything in between is 2 points
(in this example blue isn't looking so good




edit: changed the colors, this is tricky eheh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
bope1 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
I just want to bring this back to the top. It's a great generator and if anyone has any questions about an option there is Information link at the bottom.

I do have one request, is it possible to add a balance method where you will have one set of same planet types within NAV 2 for each planet type? There could also be a balance method where each planet type has at least 2 sets of planet types within NAV 2.


I'm not sure what you meant. Thinking about an additional button that adds the behavior to existing methods, or is it a completely new rule?


Allow each planet type to have 1 pair within NAV 2. So for instance it would not matter which planet type you had, you would be able to reach 1 other of the same color with NAV 2 and not using a QIC or the +3 Range Action. This would make players want to use the NAV tech track earlier (i.e. be a possible trap).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kern
msg tools
I would have it be 1 planet within Nav 2 and no other planet closer than Nav 4.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Songok wrote:
my sugestion for the colors

https://color.hailpixel.com/#FF160A,FF8400,F2FF00,523A00,808...


I thought about something else for balance, which has to do with planets overall location

Sometimes a certain color (or colors) has all their planets near the edges of the map which makes them a lot less competitive, no matter how the rest of the setup goes

to balance this we could create zones (could be manual for each map, or just based on distance from center) and give each planet a certain value based on their zone. Then add all planets for each color, and block configs that would create too much of a disparity, lets say, value of best > 2x value of worst

this would simulate the last player rotating the map to prevent such inbalances

an example for the 3p map could be this zoning, anything inside the red would be 3points, and outside purple 1 point, anything in between is 2 points
(in this example blue isn't looking so good




edit: changed the colors, this is tricky eheh


I put in your suggestion for the colors as standard value.

I already thought about a nice method but I think you have to find an algrothmus that recognizes a close connection of the same planets and that can be independent of the center.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice!

about the distance, i agree that if you have all your planets at distance 3 from each other (allowed in most balance modes) it will be strong, but that is another thing we can balance, and we could mix both, and some other stuff like distance between your planets and 1dig planets (having one adjacent is really nice ^^

still, at least from what i've noticed so far i'm more worried about a single color being in a bad spot for having all planets near the edges than another being strong for havings lots of 3 distance between their planets

ps: the site got 5*2 entry fields below the map, with a reset text that doesnt do anything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Allow each planet type to have 1 pair within NAV 2. So for instance it would not matter which planet type you had, you would be able to reach 1 other of the same color with NAV 2 and not using a QIC or the +3 Range Action. This would make players want to use the NAV tech track earlier (i.e. be a possible trap).


I don't know that you can do that for all 7 colors and have many different layout combinations. It's not something I've even come close to seeing due to the limitations of the preset planets on each tile
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Limitless333 wrote:
I would have it be 1 planet within Nav 2 and no other planet closer than Nav 4.


This would probably be a good compromise. Place together for an extra early Fed or one at the close spot and the other out among the rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
frotes wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Allow each planet type to have 1 pair within NAV 2. So for instance it would not matter which planet type you had, you would be able to reach 1 other of the same color with NAV 2 and not using a QIC or the +3 Range Action. This would make players want to use the NAV tech track earlier (i.e. be a possible trap).


I don't know that you can do that for all 7 colors and have many different layout combinations. It's not something I've even come close to seeing due to the limitations of the preset planets on each tile


This might be true. I know during playtesting we set up a map where all 4 players would have a pair of planets within range 2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea it’s possible for a few races to have that but I’m actually thinking it’s not possible to have that layout for all 7 colors in one game.

I’ve done some rotating before and the tiles can be dam limiting
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Currently the maps are all left handed galaxies. Can we have a check mark for right handed galaxies?

This would place all of the sectors rotated counter clockwise 1 hex instead of the current clockwise rotation. Though, this might break the balancing algorithms depending on how you have it set up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
frotes wrote:
Yea it’s possible for a few races to have that but I’m actually thinking it’s not possible to have that layout for all 7 colors in one game.

I’ve done some rotating before and the tiles can be dam limiting


for 2p it's literally impossible for brown, since all of their planets are inside the outer ring of each tile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
PROJ wrote:
frotes wrote:
Yea it’s possible for a few races to have that but I’m actually thinking it’s not possible to have that layout for all 7 colors in one game.

I’ve done some rotating before and the tiles can be dam limiting


for 2p it's literally impossible for brown, since all of their planets are inside the outer ring of each tile.


Yeah, forgot about that part since Sector 7 (full) and 9 are the ones that have a brown on the outer ring.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Also, I've tried the 9 tile layout which approximated a rhombus. It works well too.

X X X
X X X
X X X
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
frotes wrote:
Yea it’s possible for a few races to have that but I’m actually thinking it’s not possible to have that layout for all 7 colors in one game.

I’ve done some rotating before and the tiles can be dam limiting


I think this is true because my bruteforce algorythm doesn't find anything. I've set a threshold of 5 planets should be enough because you can only play with four. Eperintell you can enter b=7 in the link
e.g.

http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=5&p=2&m=0&b=7



http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=5&p=2&m=0&b=7 5 "nice"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Seed 352 is also a very ugly tech setup.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radu Stanculescu
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In what way? I guess having the knowledge per planet type and the 7 points tech tiles on the bottom row sucks a bit. 4pw on gaiaforming track seems cool thouugh. Especially if you get higher up on the track and move some power to gaiaform, then use the 4pw action to cycle your remaining power. 3vp when building on Gaia (on the QIC track) might be useful if there are any Gaia planets left by the time you get to round 4.

What's making you dislike it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
There are 3 late game techs on the bottom row. See the rest of the setup and map. One map tile definitely needs to be rotated. This might be good as a 3p game, but this should definitely not be a 4p game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Forum Mods: Please Pin This Topic.

As a lead playtester for Gaia Project and Automa Rulebook editor I think this is a topic worthy of a pin.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tibbles von tibbleton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thank you for creating this.

One request: Can you make it so leaving the seed field blank gives a random seed instead of seed 0? I notice if I go to the main link in the browser on my computer it starts at a random seed, but then after that I can't figure out how to generate a new random one, the prior setup is cached. And on mobile, now that I've opened the site once, it won't ever give me a new random one, I can only use Next or type in a specific seed number.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A workaround is to bookmark this link.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hien Nguyen
Vietnam
flag msg tools
mb
Automa suggestion: Since automa's points gained during a round is fixed, can you implement an option to see how many points it's going to gain in one round so that solo players can just move its marker at the start and don't have to add the points during a round?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boris p
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Have changed "Next" to "Shuffle"

You can alo now enter text as seed also. Its may more remindable.


e.g.
http://gaia-project.hol.es/?s=mike-vs-tom-1&p=2&m=0&b=4


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is such a great tool! Thank you so much!

FYI, I'm getting different maps for the same seed on different devices.

https://imgur.com/a/weMMx03

Playing around with it, on Chrome PC, I need to deselect and re-select "Recommended Setup", and then they're the same. So it seems like even though the default is selected, it's not actually using the recommended setup by default. Hope this helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for making this app. It's been very helpful! I wonder if I could request one minor thing with it. I know that when the Automa passes, there's a red border around the cards and the top says "passed", but I found in my last game I didn't notice those for some reason, and in one case before I knew it, I was doing actions for the next round prematurely.

Would it be possible that when the automa passes, in addition to the red background and "Passed" text, that the "Automa Action" button also be changed to a red color. Since that's the button to push for the next round, that's where my eyes go first (other than the action on the card).

Either way, I know I just need to be more attentive, though
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmi T.
Germany
Brandenburg
flag msg tools
Lass mich!
badge
Geh weg!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mega helpful app!
Danke
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.