Eric S
Canada
Gatineau
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys

Not sure about the timing on how this played out, it was our first game.
I would appreciate some correction, or validation.

I had built Machu Picchu on the last turn, which lets you activate cards from level 1-2 as if they are activated at level 3.

I proceeded to do Capitalism (which was on Level 2), and used it to move 2 of my caravan's through forests (because of Machu Piccu, I treated it activated at level 3) to my opponent's capitals, where I had embassies, providing me with 1 resource of my choice for each.

I then activated the 2nd part of Capitalism which let me activate a card as if it was in Level 1. I activated my Animal Husbandry to build a wonder again, and because of Machu Piccu (2nd time this turn), used this as well as if it was at level 3.

With my Level 3 + 3 Supply Tokens + 4 points from relevant resources, I built Big Ben to put my control marker on the 3rd objective.

Did I mess up the rules somewhere along the way?
- Can you use Machu Picchu twice in a turn?
- Can you use Machu Picchu with Capitalism so that your 2nd activated card is played at level 3?
- Are resources collected through Capitalism (via Embassy) available right away for use like I did?

Please let me know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
Each city can only have 1 caravan moved into it per player per turn if memory serves. You do the resources immediately. Not sure about the rest. What do the texts say exactly on Capitalism and Machu Picchu?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything sounds good! We are waiting for the official FAQ to confirm exactly those points, but overall it sounds good.

But, you know you only activate ONE card per turn, right? If you activate capitalism you are able to activate a second card, for a total of 2 cards.

The way you wrote sounds you activate a buckload of cards hehe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
Canada
Gatineau
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, one card per turn, except capitalism lets you activate 1 other card as a level 1.
The rule I'm the most doubtful of is if Machu Picchu makes Capitalism's 2nd activated card as at level 3 or not (looks like a combo that's pretty overpowered)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S
Canada
Gatineau
QC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 2 opponents with 1 embassy in each, so that's where the 2 resources come from

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a thread about the interaction between machu pichu and capitalism, as well as some other wonders here

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1891851/focus-cards-rep...

the short answer is no one knows the official answer, and hopefully there is an FAQ incoming for this game from FFG. there are a few possible interpretations in that thread, see which one works for yall in the interim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Kazakov
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
So according to the FAQ, yes Machu Picchu does synergize with Capitalism to allow you to resolve 2 cards at level 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.