BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Portable Storage Options for Miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered the upcoming WWII air combat miniatures game, Blood Red Skies and am looking for storage options. Since the models will functionally be single piece molds that do not sport propellers, they do not require the delicate treatment of 40k, Malifaux, or other more complex glued together miniatures. I still want a cool case!

I was looking at the following as possibilities and wondering if anyone has used either of these, something similar, or maybe another option all-together...

Plano 1404 Protector Series

Plano Single Scoped or Double Non-Scoped

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gun and rifle cases with "egg crate" foam are good choices. You can also get "egg crate" foam and some DIY if money's a concern.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078F18CL1/ref=oh_aui_deta...

Also, TMP has an entire forum for storage. : http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/topics.mv?id=147

Have fun with the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the DIY option, now I need to consider other types of containers. The ideal case would have a separate space for components and books and/or tablet. I may still opt for the pre-made option but worth checking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Walker
Canada
flag msg tools
Perhaps, you can try mini portable storage containers. If you specify your needs, they can offer you the right one.

These guys are packers and movers who normally deal with businesses that require moving those really large containers but there might as well be options for storing board games and some stuff that you don't use anymore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.