9 Posts

Deep Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Similar feel and look to zombicide invader rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Palma
United States
flag msg tools
Does anyone else in here think that zombicide invader looks very very similar to deep madness. Except one takes place in mars and the other underwater. I think they also implement this oxygen gameplay element. I gotta say, I love zombicide and have black plague and green horde, but I really dont see myself backing the new zombicide game over deep madness. I'm already all in on deep madness since it looks and sounds phenomenal. What are your thoughts on the two games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all 3 Seasons of the original Zombicide, Black Plague and Green Horde. As much as I love Zombicide, especially BP, I won’t back Zombicide Invader.
Right now, it just looks like Deep Madness is superior in every way. There might be some cool big boss minis in the Invader KS, but after a few years of KS miniatures games, I have enough minis.
I just don’t see this hitting the table, when there’s also DM, ZBP and Nemesis on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Frozen Flesh wrote:
I have all 3 Seasons of the original Zombicide, Black Plague and Green Horde. As much as I love Zombicide, especially BP, I won’t back Zombicide Invader.
Right now, it just looks like Deep Madness is superior in every way. There might be some cool big boss minis in the Invader KS, but after a few years of KS miniatures games, I have enough minis.
I just don’t see this hitting the table, when there’s also DM, ZBP and Nemesis on the shelf.

Yeah Deep Madness seems to to better than boring old zombicide, ill admit the sci fi theme has me interested, but it's still gonna be boring ass old zombicide underneath the sci fi skin, i highly doubt the "new" mechanics will make it any more complex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frozen Flesh wrote:

I'd be curious to know why you like BP over green horde?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skrell wrote:
Frozen Flesh wrote:

If it is anything like me, Green Horde hasn't hit the table enough yet (or they consider BP and GH different options of the same game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palma
United States
flag msg tools
Skrell wrote:
Frozen Flesh wrote:

I consider BP and GH basically the same thing. Not in a sense where there is nothing new to offer, but more so like black plague is the franchise name of the medieval zombicide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After looking over the 'mold' mechanic from Invader I really feel like this was a last-minute addition after seeing Deep Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sci-Fi was always the obvious next step for Zombicide, but I'd peg Invader's look more down to the wild success of Nemesis, and the general style of Adrian Smith. The timing for this one doesn't seem to fit to be an influence. Kickstarted ages ago. Not coming any time soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll buy "Invader".
I already know the core rules from previous Zombicide, and I like sci-fi games. It's a win-win for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.