3 Posts

V-Commandos» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event card "Ausschwärmen!" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Telu Mendur
msg tools
Hi everyone!

First, let me say that I'm having a real blast with this game since I acquired it last week!

However, I was confronted with the event card Ausschwärmen! for the first time yesterday, and was a bit confused by its vague wording: it says that, during the enemy movement phase, "a commando wearing a German uniform can move up to six German soldiers to an adjacent tile". Does this mean that:

1) the commando can order the move to soldiers that are on a different tile as his/hers ? Out of shooting range, even ?
2) the soldiers ordered to move can each originate from (and go to) a different tile ?

Since it's not explicitly forbidden, I would answer "yes" to these questions. However, this does seem a bit too powerful, so here's how I've house-ruled it yesterday:

Quote:
"A commando wearing a German uniform can move up to six German soldiers on his/her tile to an adjacent tile, or order them to keep their positions."

What is your interpretation of the rule ? And Thibault, if you're around, what's yours ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As far as my opinion counts, you move up to 6 enemy's to an adjacent square before the enemy's movement. All of the others enemy's move in the direction as told on the event card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud de la Touanne
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your kind words about the game.

1) You can select 6 enemy units anywhere on tour terrain.
2) Yes

Generally speaking, do not "overthink" the rules. When we let you the choice, players decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.