Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what if I were to play Divide and Conquer with these 7 Heroes?

Beast (X-Men), Beast (Illuminati), Forge, Stature, Goliath, Punisher, Totally Awesome Hulk

They only have Strength and Tech cards. So you would only ever have two Heroes in the HQ, and presumably you'd lose on the 6th Twist?

I'm guessing yes, as that seems to be the most intuitive way to play it. It's kind of analogous to when you're playing this scheme with the all 5 classes present but one of the stacks runs out. From that point on I didn't refill that HQ space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Yes, that's how I would play it. It seems like it was intentional in making it better to have multiple classes rather than focusing on a single one.

Also Ultron (only tech) and Ock (Tech + Strength) also fit nicely with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be that guy, but wouldn't you lose on twist 5? Twists 1-3 KO Heroes. Twist 4 KO Strength stack. Twist 5 KO Tech stack. At that point all Hero Decks are gone, and game over.

Other than that, I 100% agree with your reading of the rule. With 7 Heroes in the Hero deck, I would imagine that you would only ever end up with two classes only if you did it on purpose. Statistically, you would probably hardly see less than 4 classes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you could use Juggernaut in your setup of certain doom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhochges wrote:
Not to be that guy, but wouldn't you lose on twist 5? Twists 1-3 KO Heroes. Twist 4 KO Strength stack. Twist 5 KO Tech stack. At that point all Hero Decks are gone, and game over.

Other than that, I 100% agree with your reading of the rule. With 7 Heroes in the Hero deck, I would imagine that you would only ever end up with two classes only if you did it on purpose. Statistically, you would probably hardly see less than 4 classes.

I totally mis-read that scheme the first time I played it, and yes, you're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls