Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Waller
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I'm feeling a bit thick today.

Can someone explain to me about multi hex combat, particularly attacking more than one hex at a time and the concept of soak off requirements. I just cannot seem to get what the rules are talking about here.

As long as no more than one parent unit per hex this presumably means defending units but I cannot seem to get my head around it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan kilgore
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
andyinkuwait wrote:
I'm feeling a bit thick today.

Can someone explain to me about multi hex combat, particularly attacking more than one hex at a time and the concept of soak off requirements. I just cannot seem to get what the rules are talking about here.

As long as no more than one parent unit per hex this presumably means defending units but I cannot seem to get my head around it.

Andy, it is the limit for attacking and defending. The idea here is that although the hex may be able to hold more, only a portion could be used in actual combat into or out of the same square footage.

The requirement to involve adjacent defenders is to stop attacks from cherry picking a weak part of the line without at least a distraction. That comes at sometimes great risk and can weaken or cripple the attacker.

It can also rip open the defender's position.

One example I made for the rule booklet shows two British stacks attacking the German from two different hexes. One regiment from each stack plus a battalion in each stack. All this is legal, however if one of the two attacking stacks happened to have two regiments only one of them would be allowed to use its combat strength in the combat from that hex. If the regiment was from the same division it might be allowed to fulfill the requirement for the divisional integrity. ( division members need to be adjacent to the defender to receive this)

Hope this helps.
Nathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.