Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Davis
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up Dropmix and I'm loving it. I've got some more cards on the way that I'm excited to play with.

I don't know for sure but with the big price cuts on the base game that have been popping up recently, it gives me the impression that it hasn't sold exceptionally well.

How long do you think they're likely to continue putting out new card packs?

Note: Their website says "App available through December 31, 2019"

Doesn't really tell us anything about new content but maybe is a small indicator?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not too concerned about the half-price unit (it’s been at half price before). I expect it’s a loss leader for them - the money’s in the cards.

I wish more people would give the game a chance. A cheaper base unit helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zach66827 wrote:

Note: Their website says "App available through December 31, 2019"

From Harmonix

Quote:
12/31/19 is just the minimum for app support, but is not necessarily a maximum. We have no plans to make the app unavailable at this time. If you have any questions regarding DropMix, always feel free to reach out to Hasbro consumer care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leigh
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Season 2 was just officially announced at PAX. If it's anything like Season 1, there are a lot of new cards too come in Season 2. That will keep new content coming for a good chunk of 2018. After that, who knows. Honestly, I agree with the thought that card packs will have a decent lifespan. I'm sure they much a good amount of money on those packs VS the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
I’m not too concerned about the half-price unit (it’s been at half price before). I expect it’s a loss leader for them - the money’s in the cards.

I wish more people would give the game a chance. A cheaper base unit helps...

Scott Muldoon plays this game? It MUST be good. Been on the fence for awhile and just found it going at half price. Might have to make that move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.