Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Traveling game for 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rowan Mccall
msg tools
Hi, first time visitor of the forum although I use the website often. Me and my girlfriend are going traveling Around Asia for three months and are looking for some good two player games that are small to pack and use low table space, so can be played on long flights. Looking for something with lots of replay ability.

We have already agreed on hive pocket and tides of madness (unless there is a better alternative?) and will be taking totten scotten as we have played this for years and already have it!

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gentry
United States
Siloam Springs
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
Mint Works
Splendor
Codenames Duet

Should get you started, ditch the box on splendor and codenames though.

I'll add
Jaipur and Patchwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hive Pocket is a great pick. I also find Hanabi plays nicely 2p and it was a fun game to have when we were travelling.

I also got Race for the Galaxy (portable if not bringing the box) and One-Deck Dungeon for future trips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
With Hive Pocket and Schotten Totten you have a great start.

We like Mr. Jack Pocket, Drive and Elements (card DIY this one fairly easy as it's hard to get) for vacations as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Onirim or its second edition quite a bit. The game is a good 1-2 player game that can easily be fit onto a lap tray on an airplane, at least depending on which expansions you use.

+1 for Race For the Galaxy as well. Ditch the box or, if you get one of the expansions, you can use that box for a smaller container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy D
New Zealand
Invercargill
Southland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Race for the Galaxy is too big, Jump Drive is the baby brother that may be more portable.

Roll Through The Ages: The Bronze Age could work.

Century: Spice Road could be an alternative to Splendor that takes less space - obviously ditch the spice cups!

7 Wonders Duel without the box?

Paperback? Could be either competitive or co-operative...

One of the Tiny Epic series eg. Tiny Epic Galaxies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Famiglia
Red7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Landdeck
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of great games come in a regular deck of cards. Two that my wife and I love are Haggis and Schnapsen, both fantastic 2p games. (Schnapsen only needs 20 cards.) Cribbage and Gin Rummy are worthwhile too. For traveling, get a good quality plastic deck that will stand up to spilled drinks, rain, and lots of wear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.