Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have the first edition of King of Tokyo and I'm trying to figure out if the 2nd edition of Power Up! is compatible.

I can't seem to find the exact contents of this expansion. If the monsters are the same between editions and if this only contains evolution cards I suppose mixing editions would be fine, is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Bird
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have that same combination and everything is fine. In the 2nd ed. of the base game, there is a monster change (Cyber Bunny becomes Cyber Kitty), but this is taken into account in Power Up by providing the cards for both versions of the Cyber monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james howlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it works fine. I'd previous gotten the Space Penguin promo, so it worked out even better. Unless you really, really want the 1st edition panda art, there's no reason not to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obligatory "Everything is compatible" post.
Note 1: 'as of this post'
Note 2: Do not recommend 2nd edition base game and 1st edition Power Up (still fully playable, but the names won't match)
Note 3: There also seem to somehow be MORE translation issues in 2nd Power Up, but that's a different problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.