Tham Yong Hsiang
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Example a Telsa Gun on a SSU transporter helicopter. Fire the Telsa from the helicopter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, close combat and support weapons cannot be used inside transports. See page 22, about the middle of the third paragraph.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am guessing that the rule restriction on Support units firing their weapons from a transport is specific to the actual Support weapon itself, I am assuming that the rest of the weapon lines can be used.

So the Tesla Gun Squad cannot use the Light Tesla Gun weapon while in a transport but the three Submachine Gun weapons can be used.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On one hand, I agree that the support unit should be able to use their secondary weapons. On the the other hand, that is really complicating things. I think I would play it simpler and just say that the support weapon can't fire while being transported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I agree with you, designating primary and secondary weapons on Support unit cards would complicate things but I find that Support units have movement limitations due to their base size. I believe that Support units need as much love as they can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what the rules say on the matter:
"Passengers cannot perform Sustained Attack Actions, nor may they use Close-Combat Weapons or Support Weapons while mounted. Passengers may, however, use any other personal weapons with the same Fire Arc as a Side-mounted weapon."

While this is not 100% ironclad wording, it seems clear enough that a Support Team cannot use their Big Gun while being transported, but they can use their other weapons (like SMG's or whatever).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My question on that, is how is a "Big Gun" categorized or defined? Is there a way to identify a "Big Gun" on a Support unit's card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no definition in the rules. The easiest way is to look at the model and find the physically largest weapon. That is the Support Weapon.

Then check the photo on the card to find what Letter Designation that weapon has. Finally, flip the card over and find the corresponding weapon line.

That Weapon line cannot be used while the unit is being transported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It would be nice to have Dust Studio designate the "Big Gun" or the main weapon in a Support unit. This could be done in the next FAQ or errata.

Note that not all Support units have a *Big Gun.*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they talk about critical damage on vehicles, if you get "Main Weapon Destroyed", they say that the first weapon line on the card is the main weapon. I wonder if the same would apply to support weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Aaah! Good catch!! That is a good way to address that situation except for Support units that have no 'big guns'.

Support units need their own dedicated FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevin73 wrote:
When they talk about critical damage on vehicles, if you get "Main Weapon Destroyed", they say that the first weapon line on the card is the main weapon. I wonder if the same would apply to support weapons.

Unfortunately it is not the same for Support Weapons. Some of them are Weapon "A" but others are Weapon "B" or "C".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Beaver
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that the USMC support units are the only ones that don't list the "big gun" as the A weapon. I guess Marines always need to be different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.