6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Use "Aim" multiple times? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
From the wording it looks like it should be possible to use Aim multiple times, so with a Cat Gut Bow and one additional Speed I could reduce the 3 dices down to 1 and then get to roll one dice with +4 accuracy. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
We tried to do this before, but we decided not to. That is mostly because the wording references an exact moment in the attack, and that made half of us think it could be done only once - so, we ruled not to allow that.

I do not have official confirmation if this is allowed or not, though. Sure there is space to debate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Since you always roll 1 die minimum even with negative speed I would say you can only do it once. Otherwise you could give yourself infinite +accuracy but still get your guaranteed one roll. That doesn't seem like what's intended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't actually remember if speed has a minimum of 1. Movement has, and it is written somewhere explictly, but I don't seem to remember the same for speed. Sure there is no such thing for luck, for instance. At -1000 luck, you never crit, period. Accuracy/Evasion have this explicitly stated (1 always miss, 10 always hit).

EDIT: what did I wrote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the rulebook does mention Speed has a minimum of 1.

Speed (Attribute/Modifier/Bonus): Speed is added to a survivor's weapon speed or a monster's attack profile to determine the number of attack rolls. If speed is negative, subtract it from the number of dice rolled for an attack. A monster of survivor attack with less than one speed still has one attack roll. Weapons with the slow keyword cannot benefit from positive speed bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan
Germany
flag msg tools
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
The back of the rulebook does mention Speed has a minimum of 1.

Speed (Attribute/Modifier/Bonus): Speed is added to a survivor's weapon speed or a monster's attack profile to determine the number of attack rolls. If speed is negative, subtract it from the number of dice rolled for an attack. A monster of survivor attack with less than one speed still has one attack roll. Weapons with the slow keyword cannot benefit from positive speed bonuses.
Well this sounds more like speed has no minimum, but you always roll atleast one die even if the speed value is below 1. So Taboobat has a good point I guess. Nevertheless the wording of aim mentions to reduce the speed of "this weapon" by 1. I don't know if weapon speed is defined seperately from survivor speed or the sum of both to always have atleast a number of 1. In any case I just found it strange that there was no "once per attack" in the text which is explicitly mentioned on other effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.