Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am near the end of my scenario (solo-play) right now (3-21-2018 10:56 am EDT) and one of my investigators went insane, the card reads:

"You do not win the game as normal. Instead, you only win if the investigation is complete and you have two or more Evidence Unique items. Otherwise, you lose the game."

My investigator has four evidence items in her possession (Agatha). I read a the text from a search (before she went insane) that I have enough evidence to win, I just have to get to the boat or escape the town (can't remember which right now) but a failed horror check had me gain enough horror to get the above insane card.

Did I win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The investigation is only complete when the game tells you it is complete.

These types of insane conditions only make it more difficult for that character to win. In your case, you lucked into one that the extra conditions are already complete, provided you aren't forced to drop those items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so what do I do now? keep playing by trying to get to the boat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You still need the investigation to be complete, so you keep playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ugh....thanks

brb.....shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

The usual win condition for each investigator is:
1: The investigation is complete.
2: The investigator is not eliminated.

Agatha with that card keeps the first two conditions and also gains:
3: The investigator is holding two Evidence cards.

When playing solo, these additional conditions are the only types of insane conditions you will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I couldn't tell the app she had that insane card so I finished the game as if she didn't have that alternate win condition and of course, I lost. The mob killed both her & Preston.

I wish there was a way to tell the app about those conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app doesn't need to care about them.

The app simply tells you when the investigation is complete. You then determine for each investigator whether that investigator won or not, and the insane conditions might alter that outcome.

When playing solo, the only types of conditions you can get are the ones that make it slightly harder for one of your investigators to win with your other investigator/s. They don't change the game itself in any way and the app would not operate differently if it were to know what condition you had. All the cards do is force you to do something additional if you want all your investigators to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so, in the end, my investigators lost the scenario even though she had the alternate win condition covered?

In spite of that I really like this game!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of it as alternate, it is an additional win condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wait, what!?

So the insane card said I can't win the regular way and I'm certainly not allowed to win the way the card stated, then how does one win in this situation?

If I hadn't asked this question on here, I would've just did what the card said to do which is the investigators win if you have two or more evidence cards in your possession, which she did (she had 4). I would've went to the menu and hit end game and when it would prompt me me by asking if I'm sure, I would say yes, I'm sure I won the game based on the back of the card.

I am also allowing for the possibility that I am missing a piece of information here that'll make sense to me, an assumption made by others that I should know but don't.

[edit: I certainly do appreciate everyone's input even though I'm confused]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Lloyd
msg tools
killerjoe1962 wrote:
you only win if the investigation is complete and you have two or more Evidence Unique items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the regular win condition, if you have no Insane condition cards, is: "you only win if the investigation is complete."

You will see that the card has augmented the regular condition with the additional effect. You still have to complete the investigation.

It is also mentioned in the rules that you cannot win if you are eliminated, unless a card specifically says you can win while eliminated. That's why I included that in my 1,2,3 list above. Most investigators require conditions 1 & 2 to win. This card means that investigator needs 1, 2 & 3 to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH................

It's an ADD-ON & NOT a replacement condition!!!!!!!

I KNEW there was a piece of information I was misunderstanding or wasn't seeing it right.

I needed to make it to the boat AND have to have at lease two or more evidence cards in possession.

Man, that was a hard-headed goof on my part.

Thanks all for being patient with me, I really did appreciate all the effort.

[...then he derps away into the abyss whistling some ill-gotten melody from eons ago...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.