Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

What do you think my whole collection would sell for? I have all shown here (pretty much everything kickstarter exclusive from both kickstarter campaigns. Plus all the faction dice and plastic coins. I still have all the original boxes shown here but they are all now in the main boxes in go7 Inserts (2 of each, 001-002-003).

Sadly I am realizing no one wants to play it with me so it is time for it to go and make more room for myself lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlemire1 wrote:

What do you think my whole collection would sell for?

Research it on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do you think ebay is the best place to sell it vs on here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not necessarily. I only recommended you do your research on eBay so you have a better, more clear idea. Check sold listings and look for comparable sets (or pieces).
Members here can only give you opinions/suggestions - you really need to take the time and look into this instead of depending on the word of others.

And speaking of opinions: generally, you'll do better piecing it out rather than selling it as a full set. Anyone who does want this full set will likely be put off by the cost of shipping it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:

And speaking of opinions: generally, you'll do better piecing it out rather than selling it as a full set. Anyone who does want this full set will likely be put off by the cost of shipping it.

This. The KSEs will mostly do well by themselves, but you'll drag their value down by chaining them to the retail pieces. Nemo and Madeline alone can bring in the coin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Also for a huge lot, the additional weight of shipping those Go7 inserts will be a drawback (and don’t even think of trying to get people to pay you for the inserts; very unlikely).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It took forever to put them into the inserts...and the thought of taking them all out again and putting them back into the original boxes makes me cringe lol As you can see there is a lot of it...plus all the original content that was replaced by the upgrade kit as well.

Also the fact if I break it all up that's a ton of different poss to make, different things to ship...it seems like WAY more work. Do you think it would be worth it for what it would get compared?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree with most of the comments above. Looking at this from a buyers point of view, shipping is a major factor here especially International Post costs.
I also agree that, even though it's a lot of work, selling the exclusives off separately would be more appealing for the buyer. Most gamers will already have the base games but may have missed the KS campaigns. Also bare in mind that R&B original game was trumped by 2nd Tide and so gamers will only buy it for the ship maps and minis.

My advice is to try your local area. Advertise in your local paper, on Facebook Buy & Sell groups, or your local gaming shops/cafes. There is no reason why you can't list it here on BGG. I don't know what the success rate is or even if people use it that much, but it doesn't cost anything to list it.

eBay is definitely the best place to research prices to at least get a feel for its total worth. Then make a decision on whether to keep it as a whole or break it up. My best guess on value, I would say US$500. There in lies another problem, import duties. If I bought that and had it shipped to NZ I would get walloped. Another consideration to bare in mind as to whether to sell as a whole, or smaller lots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Season Upgrade Kit on it's own is worth $40 I'd say considering how hard it is to get, at the moment. How much for the cat? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie_Spawn wrote:
The Season Upgrade Kit on it's own is worth $40 I'd say considering how hard it is to get, at the moment. How much for the cat? whistle
I've seen them now going for over a hundred bucks on eBay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i paid KS price for an entire season 1 KS, but yeah shipping will hurt and be a blocker. you might be better piecing out the high value bits (nemo, madeline, cannons, etc) and then flipping the rest locally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm interested, message me. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Got some pictures last night, with these inserts you can get them all in the main boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Lemire
United States
Worcester
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am getting a ton of questions about what is actually in the collection so I have decided to piece out everything as people request it. So figure I would post exactly what I have.
Also have the second tide Core

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
Zombie_Spawn wrote:

That's silly - you can get them for as little as $20 at your local shelter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZUR13L wrote:
necroloid123 wrote:
Zombie_Spawn wrote:

That's silly - you can get them for as little as $20 at your local shelter.
I sold all 3 of the ones I managed to get for $145 each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.