Subject: Placing objectives unclarity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niek D'Hondt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey all!

I got the game in the mail today and as always, immediately shred the postal box to shreds and started reading the rules.

In the section 'Placing objectives', there is something that is not entirely clear to me.

It says:

"Each player places an objective for the player to her left, starting with the player to the left of the player who placed the ”Place Objectives” effect. In other words, your opponent to your right places your objectives for you. The placement of objectives then proceeds clockwise."

So I am essentially placing the objective for the next player clockwise, which is the player to my left.

But then, in the example, it says:

"in a three-player game, the first player places a card on a space with a “Place Objectives” effect. The second player would place an objective
for the first player, the third player would place an objective for the second player, and the first player would place an objective for the
third player."

So, that means the second player, the one to my left, places the objective for me. So that player places it for the player on his/her right, or for the previous player.

Or am I reading this incorrectly?

Looking forward to playing this though! The art is mesmerising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Stover
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Quote:
So, that means the second player, the one to my left, places the objective for me. So that player places it for the player on his/her right, or for the previous player.

Yes, this is correct. The player to your left starts the game with all of your objectives and places one for you whenever a 'Place Objectives' is invoked.

When it says in the rules "In other words, your opponent to your right places your objectives for you." should say "In other words, your opponent to your left places your objectives for you." I apologize for the confusion. The sentence was added at the suggestion of playtesters for clarity's sake, but it appears I derped and actually created confusion. I have fixed this in the online version of the rules.

Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.