Hide
7 Posts

Aventuria: Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Dice chucker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viet Tran
msg tools
Hello! I've been doing some research on this game and I really like the idea of an adventure game. However, I really dislike dice chuckers. Would you clarify this as a dice chucker? It seems like you roll a die to determine everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viet Tran
msg tools
I like all of those games! Except pathfinder I didn’t enjoy for too long because I would considee that a dice chucker. Yes there are ways to mitigate the dice. I guess I consider it a dice chucker because the main decision tree is - do you want to do something? Chuck some dice to determine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
Vietbtran wrote:
Hello! I've been doing some research on this game and I really like the idea of an adventure game. However, I really dislike dice chuckers. Would you clarify this as a dice chucker? It seems like you roll a die to determine everything.

I love "dice chuckers" but would not describe Aventuria as a "dice chucker." It's like Magic the Gathering with a dice roll to determine combat but luck is definitely mitigated by the cards, especially the longer the game goes on.

I have played a few "adventure card games" recently including ARkham, Pathfinder, LOTR, Warhammer, etc.

I really think Aventuria is the most fun of the bunch.

Warhammer Quest Card game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is absolutely a dice chucker. The luck is mitigated but it's still rolling dice for almost every outcome.

Great game. But call a spade a spade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throwin Rocks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarimrune wrote:
This is absolutely a dice chucker. The luck is mitigated but it's still rolling dice for almost every outcome.

Great game. But call a spade a spade

I concur. This is a great game. I really love it. The luck is mitigated with card play and other factors. But there is a lot of dice chucking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.