5 Posts

Food Chain Magnate» Forums » General

Subject: has anyone tried rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathon Voegtli

Arizona
msg tools
doing a start of recruiter girls for the first 2 turns. then once you have 3 you spend 3 turns only recruiting kitchen helpers. once you have all 12 you simply just advertise any pizza or hamburgers and start trying to control advertising by working towards a radio. I feel you could make it work if you scooped up 4 early on round 3 then picked to go last on turn 4 and first on turn 5.at this point if anyone has less then 2 they can't compete after you have advertising in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vosh wrote:
doing a start of recruiter girls for the first 2 turns. then once you have 3 you spend 3 turns only recruiting kitchen helpers. once you have all 12 you simply just advertise any pizza or hamburgers and start trying to control advertising by working towards a radio. I feel you could make it work if you scooped up 4 early on round 3 then picked to go last on turn 4 and first on turn 5.at this point if anyone has less then 2 they can't compete after you have advertising in place.

While you are doing this, someone else will have already started training--and be closer to getting to Radio before you.

But anyway--even if there are no Kitchen Trainees available to hire, someone could still get a Burger/Pizza Cook by doing the hire/train action in the same turn. So it's not like you will have cornered the market on being able to sell pizza/burgers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vosh wrote:

It sounds like you might not understand how the recruit/train combo action works. You can't block access to pizza and burgers like you describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Voegtli

Arizona
msg tools
please explain. if I have all of 1 type of entry level position how does that not block it? I don't have a copy of the rules since my friend has the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vosh wrote:
please explain. if I have all of 1 type of entry level position how does that not block it? I don't have a copy of the rules since my friend has the game.
This scenario is covered in the rules.

FCM rules page 7 wrote:
You may only hire people at entry positions (indicated by <arrow> in the top left corner of the card). Take the card(s) you want and add them to your pile of cards that are on the beach. If a certain deck runs out of cards, you may no longer hire that type of employee until cards become available again. However, you may hire such a card if you immediately train it to a higher level in the training sub-phase of this turn (so you don't actually have to take the card).

(Emphasis is mine)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.