Castell» Forums » Rules

Subject: I have some question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
The first question.
What's the advantage of raising the Base skill? (Even if it is 1, 2 or even 5, it does not seem to have any advantage.)

Second question.
Can i build multiple towers?

third question.
Is it possible to build a tower only through special action?

Question four.

In this game, I can also bring another player's special action token.
Can I use someone else's special action tokens when I do special action?

first question supplementation
From what I understand,
The Base skill is applied only to the first floor(the ground floor),
so I understand that even if I raise the grade, it does not apply to the second and third floors.
Did I understand that?

third question supplementation.
I checked again, If I bring a special action token, it is to place it on the Region of ​​the personal board.
So, can I build a total of seven towers during the game using my seven special tokens?

I have a lot of questions.
I don't know if you asked me the right sentence,
I hope you'll take good care of it.
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junyol Baik
United States
California
flag msg tools
안녕하세요, 한국분이신가요?
질문 답변드립니다.

1. 먼저, Base 스킬은 다른 스킬들과 마찬가지로, 한번 업그레이드 할때마다 한층더에 쓸수있습니다. 그러므로, base가 2단계에 있을때에는, 최대 2층까지 같은 사이즈의 casterller들을 무한정 놓을수 있다는 뜻입니다.

Base가 가장 유용할떼는, 제가 생각하기엔 한 종류의 casteller 갯수가 최대 Width를 초과할씨에 가장 좋다고 봅니다. 이런 상태에서 Base 하나라도 배우면, 한층에 무한으로 넣어서 타워를 한층이라도 더 쌓을수 있으니까요.

2. 타워를 2종류씩 쌓을 필요는 없습니다. 메인 페스티벌이든 로컬 페스티벌이든 무조건 1 타워만 만들어야 되니까요.

3. 물론 7개 스페셜 액션을 전부 써서 로컬 페스티벌로만 점수를 따도 되겠지만... 그러기에는 많이 힘듭니다. 스페셜 액션으로 대신 1번 움직이거나 casteller 한명더 대려오는 경우가 의외로 많거든요. 그리고 높은 점수를 따실려면 로컬과 매인 페스티벌을 골고루 다 하셔야 됩니다.

그리고 혹시 했깔리시는 건지는 모르겠는데, 타워를 만드는 건 자기턴이든 아니든 아무떼나 할수있습니다; 딱히 어떤 액션을 취할때 지어야 된다는 법은 없죠.

4. 로컬 페스티벌로 가져온 플레이어 토켄들은 자신의 미니맵에 맞는 도시에 올려둡니다. 이렇게 올린 토켄들은 또 사용할수 없습니다. 자신이 쓴 토켄이라도 말이죠.

너무 날림으로 쓴건지 모르겠네요;;; 궁금하신게 있으시면 또 물어봐주세요.

1. Base is most useful when the biggest number of same size casteller is greater than your max. Width allows. In this case, having at least one Base skill will open up one more level at the bottom. Otherwise, Base needs combination of other powers to work well, namely Balance & Strength.

2. There's no benefit of building multiple towers, since each festival only evaluates 1 tower each time.

3. If you meant scoring your tower only through local festival, then yes, you may. Although you'd want to participate in at least one major festival to do well. As for actual building of the tower, you may do it at anytime during your turn, adjusting the tower to your needs, even if you are not meaning to go to any festivals.

4. All special action tokens you earn from local festival goes to each corresponding spots on your personal regional map. They may not be used for your special action. You are only limited to the 7 tokens you started out with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
소중함 답변 정말 감사드립니다.
긱 ui에 익숙하지 못해
쪽지로 추가 질문 보냈는데^^;;

번거롭게 자꾸 질문해 정말 죄송합니다.
쪽지 한번만 읽어주실 수 있을까요?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grayer
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
uitro5 wrote:

From what I understand,
so I understand that even if I raise the grade, it does not apply to the second and third floors.
Did I understand that?

Hi uitro5,

Extra levels of base do apply to the rows above the "ground floor"! The thing to remember though is that you still have to obey the other rules, particularly the rule that each row has to contain fewer Castellers than the one below it.

So with Base 2 (and no other skills), you could do something like this:

6 6
7 7 7
8 8 8 8 8 8
9 9 9 9 9 9 9

Even if you had lots of 8's, you can't put any more in that row unless you add more 9's in below or train in Balance.

Quote:

I checked again, If I bring a special action token, it is to place it on the Region of ​​the personal board.
So, can I build a total of seven towers during the game using my seven special tokens?

OK this is a little bit tricky because "build a tower" could mean one of several things, but you're almost right. There are a couple of things to note:

- your "Special Action" that you have to spend a token for also allows you to move an extra space or recruit one more Casteller. This means that each special action that you spend to do one of these actions will mean that you have one fewer opportunity to put on a local exhibition.
- however, one of the items on the training wheel is "Special", which allows you to do a Special Action without spending a token, so in theory you could participate in more than seven local exhibitions.

Also, when you spend a special action token, it does not go directly to your personal board! Instead, it goes in the space on the main board next to the local exhibition tiles (on the left side of the board). When someone puts on a local exhibition in that region, they collect all the tokens that have piled up on that space and then they put them on their own personal board.

Hope that helps!

-Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
민수 이
South Korea
flag msg tools
kooshster wrote:
uitro5 wrote:

From what I understand,
Did I understand that?

Hi uitro5,

Extra levels of base do apply to the rows above the "ground floor"! The thing to remember though is that you still have to obey the other rules, particularly the rule that each row has to contain fewer Castellers than the one below it.

So with Base 2 (and no other skills), you could do something like this:

6 6
7 7 7
8 8 8 8 8 8
9 9 9 9 9 9 9

Even if you had lots of 8's, you can't put any more in that row unless you add more 9's in below or train in Balance.

Quote:

OK this is a little bit tricky because "build a tower" could mean one of several things, but you're almost right. There are a couple of things to note:

- your "Special Action" that you have to spend a token for also allows you to move an extra space or recruit one more Casteller. This means that each special action that you spend to do one of these actions will mean that you have one fewer opportunity to put on a local exhibition.
- however, one of the items on the training wheel is "Special", which allows you to do a Special Action without spending a token, so in theory you could participate in more than seven local exhibitions.

Also, when you spend a special action token, it does not go directly to your personal board! Instead, it goes in the space on the main board next to the local exhibition tiles (on the left side of the board). When someone puts on a local exhibition in that region, they collect all the tokens that have piled up on that space and then they put them on their own personal board.

Hope that helps!

-Michael.

saw your answer too late.

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.