Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everyone,

I am currently playing my 2nd game and had quite a few questions :

- Ice block : reduces to armor 1 max ? Also, Ice Block gives Ice block 3 and say, my opponent attack is 4 : can I use a card to gain 1 additional block ? But does it become a standard block 4 or an Ice Block 3 + a Block 1 ?
- Norowas Ability that heals a unit : I have a Lvl 2 creature with 2 wounds because of poison. If I use Norowas ability to heal a unit, what happens? I ruled that it removes only 1 wound, is that right ?
- What happens when you reveal a mage tower at night and reaches adjacent hex (still at night) and then Day happens : do you reveal the monster ? I ruled that yes but read afterwards that it is revealed when you MOVE into an adjacent hex
- I wonder about the End of turn timing between getting spells, advanced action and skils and redrawing : I invaded a mage tower and gained a new level in the same turn. Is there a specific order at the end turn or can I look at my 2 skills and choose it before gaining the spell and advanced action ? I have the impression that combat rewards come before leveling up rewards, hence I have to choose my spell then I can choose the skill and advanced action, and then I can redraw

thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Matos
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Iceblock - Ice Shield? The armour of the enemy can't be reduced below 1. Yes, you can play a card sideways to get + 1 block and I think it's ice block 3 + 1 "normal" block.

Norowas ability - No matter what's the unit level is it only heals 1 wound.

Mage tower - If you end your night round adjacent to a mage tower or a keep when the day comes they are revelead.

End of turn - It is on the rulebook "end of turn sequence" (don't remember the page), but I think that you get your combat rewards before the level up rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Selfish
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice block remains ice block, even if you later add some physical blocks to it. So for example, against a fire attack 4 you could play ice block 3 + block 2 to successfully block the attack.

Enemies in fortified sites are only revealed during the day when standing on an adjacent space so yes, if you were still there when day came, you did right. No need to move out and into the space again.

Everything else is correct as far as I can tell. The end of turn sequence can be tricky in some cases, so I suggest you to always keep the relevant section of the rule book at hand, specially in the first few games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
- Ice Block: I believe you are referring to Ice Shield card right ? when boosted with a blue crystal it reads "Ice Block 3. Reduce the Armor of one enemy blocked this way by 3. Armor cannot be reduced below 1."
you would get an Ice block 3 + 1 physical block if you add a card sideways
so you could block a 4 physical attack or a 3 fire attack (without the need for the sideways card)

- Norowas ability: only heal 1 wound
- mage tower: can't find any support in the rules, but it makes sense to reveal the enemy token if you are adjacent to the tower during the day
- End of turn in rule book page 9 should be followed in order: combat rewards before leveling up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you guys for all the answers !
I am glad, it seems I did not make any mistake :-)
It may be because I watched Ricky Royal's videos but I do not find Mage Knight to be overly complicated. Well, truthfully, I do play very slowly and check the rulebook quite often. But rules seem to make sense most of the time...evn though there are a lot of them.

Yeah, sorry for the Ice Shield, I am playing with the French version and I was not sure about the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Matos
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree with you Fred... started to play not long ago and I've played like a couple of First Reconnaissance, a Blitz Co-op with a friend, and 5-6 Solo Conquests, and besides the fact that it has a lot of rules (wich I also agree with you that they make sense most of the times) it's not that complicated... but really dense!

I've already memorized many of the rules and when I need to check them, most of the times I know where to find the info I want between the walkthrough and the rule book... and a lot google/bgg also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About the tower: We play it that it is revealed in the next move phase of that player, regardless of if he moves or not. But not before! I.e., you have to choose tactics and start your turn. I guess the intention was that an active knight actually has to be there at day and look

But you are right, there is nothing in the rules about it, especially nothing that ties it to moving... (besides maybe that moving is the most common way to "become adjacent" to it. It stands to reason though that something like underground travel does not reveal it.)

Judging from the site description card (I hope the text in the master reference sheet is a carbon copy of that):

Master Reference Sheet wrote:
Place a violet/grey enemy token face down on this space. The token is revealed during the Day if a player is adjacent to it.

I guess this means you can reveal them whenever you like, as long as the two conditions (1) it is day and (2) someone is sitting on an adjacent space are met. So in particular you can do it after it becomes day, before choosing the tactic.

In any event, I doubt you have to move again to reveal it, that does not make sense and is not backed up by any rules I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.