Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Let's say you have an influence marker in the territory that can only be accessed via the river. If you purchase three barrels and gain access to the Behemoth and place him at that location, he can't move from there can he? He would sit there presumably protecting your property until someone comes along to try and kill him. I realize this may not be the best use of the monster but its an interesting way to possibly protect a valuable feudum right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwills wrote:
he can't move from there can he?
Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vieu
United States
Woodridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah its interesting the rules dont say, the monster cannot be placed on islands, so I guess that would be allowed. For the specific case of protecting the feudum or if you have the royal write that gives additional points if you control the big guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvieu wrote:
the monster cannot be placed on islands, so I guess that would be allowed.

Where does it say in the rules a monster cannot be placed on islands? I can't find that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Per the movement rules for them (p. 19):

"The sea serpent is limited to ship and submersible routes. The behemoth is limited to roads and flying machine routes."

So a sea serpeant can go anwhere a ship or submersible is allowed to move on the board. And a behemoth can move anywhere on the board that is reached by road and flying machine.

A behemoth can fly to an island, where allowed.

A sea serpent can move up river, where allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
And there could be some initial placement issues, as the rules require you to place them where you have an influence marker or pawn. And keep this in mind with Sea Serpent. From the rules:

"Sea Serpent must be placed on a port bordering the sea or river."

So IF you don't currently have an influence marker or a pawn on a port bordering the sea or river, you couldn't place a Sea Serpent. You'd have to instead try to immediately deploy the Behemoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
And there could be some initial placement issues, as the rules require you to place them where you have an influence marker or pawn. And keep this in mind with Sea Serpent. From the rules:

"Sea Serpent must be placed on a port bordering the sea or river."

So IF you don't currently have an influence marker or a pawn on a port bordering the sea or river, you couldn't place a Sea Serpent. You'd have to instead try to immediately deploy the Behemoth.

Good points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bowling
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
A behemoth can fly to an island, where allowed.

I like to imagine that he is making gargantuan leaps across the water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.