3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Broken Token no longer selling in Canada?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Steeves
msg tools
Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum to be posting this!

I recently received Scythe as a birthday gift. I've decided that there are too many pieces that don't go back in nicely, and I'd like to get an organizer for it. I've read many posts on here from many of you and have decided to go with the Broken Token organizer.

I have a BT organizer already for my Mage Knight game which I ordered directly through BT. I learned a lot from that order. It ended up costing me about double what the the original cost of the organizer was after shipping, duty, additional freight charges, etc. Let me first say that this is nothing against BT. All of these extra charges are not within their control, and I'm by no means complaining about them. However, I'm not about to pay over $110-$120 Canadian for an organizer again.

So I started looking for them at Canadian retailers and Canadian online stores. What I've found is that they are out of stock EVERYWHERE, which I thought was odd. So I phoned one and was told that they wouldn't be getting anymore in because they can no longer order from Broken Token due to a licensing issue (which he wouldn't get into).

So here are my two questions. 1. Does anyone know if this licensing issue is true?
2. Does anyone know where I could get a Scythe BT organizer that is in stock in Canada somewhere?

Thanks!
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Houle
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
DIE
badge
WESTERN
mbmbmbmbmb
5 copies of it here. Definitely my top game. I just printed out tuckboxes for factions and cards from this site created by users. Good luck

https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/the-broken-token-scy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Steeves
msg tools
Perfect, thanks for the link! Ordered!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.