Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
This seems like a really stupid question, but it's not in the rules that I've seen...

When you hit night time and the awakening occurs...sunlit rooms aren't a thing anymore right? The way I read the rules, you still have sunlit rooms even at night, which seems wrong.

Where did I miss it!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Manington
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Once the awakening happens the sunlit rooms are no more. Vampires can move through these rooms at night without being destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what a game!!...really enjoying this.theres so much to it..well impressed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I figured it would go without saying that sunlit rooms and the extractor didn't work at night, but I was unable to find this anywhere. As far as the rules seem to indicate, these things are independent of day and night.

Maybe the order has UV spotlights set up outside, so light is a thing both day and night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony At DGG
msg tools
mb
Some quotes from the rule book, my emphasis:

Page 17:
Quote:
If a Hunter’s Attack reduces the Window Token to 0 Health Points, flip the token to the Sunlit side. During the Day, all Vampires in the Room are Destroyed by the Sunlight, simply remove them. The Hunter that uncovered the Window takes the Focus for the Vampires that were Destroyed.

Page 29:
Quote:

A harpoon may be carried by one of the Hunters, attached to the winch by a tough cable. When a Vampire is snagged by the harpoon, the winch winds the cable, dragging the Vampire outdoors to be destroyed by the burning light of the Sun.

Although the Extractor Destroys powerful Vampires easily, there are many restrictions that must be followed before it can be used:

The Extractor can only be used during the Day. Discard the Harpoon Card during the Awakening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.