Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Sweet
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think my group is playing this wrong...

I’m in room a and monster a has number 32, I go at 65 and clear the room then open door to room b. There are more monster a’s in room b, along with new monsters b & C. Obviously b & c get a turn since they are new. Do the monster As in room b get a turn since we are at number 65 and they are 32?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and they would go immediately after you finish your turn (or after the other monsters if monsters B and/or C have initiative lower than 32).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Loehr
Canada
flag msg tools
yes monster A gets a turn when you open the door, it will go right after you finish your turn. Then follow initiative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Those fast monsters you just revealed get a turn. This is why it's dangerous to open a door: you could be facing a phalanx of mean monsters all targeting you. Opening a door, then retreating around a corner or going invisible, is not such a bad strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doesn't the rulebook state, that only monsters, that had no activation this turn are activated in a newly opened room? If monsters "a" have already been activated this turn, so , their type in new room-not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
SiberianStanley wrote:
Doesn't the rulebook state, that only monsters, that had no activation this turn are activated in a newly opened room? If monsters "a" have already been activated this turn, so , their type in new room-not.
No.

p 19:

Once everything is placed in the new room, any present monster types without an action card should have one
drawn for them now. Once the revealing character’s turn ends, the initiative values of all monsters in the new
room are reviewed, and any monster type that has a lower initiative value than the revealing character (i.e.,
they should have acted earlier in the round) must immediately act out their turn (in normal initiative order in
case of multiple monster types in this situation). This ensures that all monsters revealed in the new room will
always take a turn in the round in which they are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.