Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Hanson
United States
Eagle Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hiya everyone,

Akimi Village is a playstation 3 solo city building game that I really enjoyed playing. The game used a worker placement system to gather resources then you would spend the resources to build new buildings. Sounds like loads of board games so far right? However, each new building would require materials produced in your other buildings resulting in a tech tree building mechanic that I found fascinating. This is the part that I've been unable to find a board game equivalent of.

I've been searching in city building and economic categories that use worker placement with no luck. I hope someone has a game to point me towards.

Thanks all,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest I can think of would be Le Havre...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Rosenberg's Ora et Labora and Fields of Arle have something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hanson
United States
Eagle Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions! I picked up Le Havre on IOS for a few bucks and gave it a try. Very mathy, which I like but I'm not sold on the forced food generation to feed the workers. Very cut throat too, which my kids like so that might be one to try.

Ora et Labora seems closer to what I'm looking for but seems to be OOP.

Oh well, the search continues...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.