Hi guys

The Rules Reference booklet says:

"Trooper upgrades add specific trooper minis to a
unit, represented by unique sculpts to easily identify
them. These minis always share the defense value,
wound threshold, and weapons of the unit card they
are equipped to, but may have an additional weapon of
their own."

For example, I have 1 miniature with rocket launcher, and it requires to be exhausted to attack with 3 black dice. At the same time he’s a member of a trooper unit (4 miniatures) whose standard attack is one black die. So when unit attacks (assuming one single enemy unit) I can choose to exhaust him adding 3 black die to the attack pool or not exhaust him adding a single black die to the pool (7 dices vs 5).

My question: If the card is exhausted could I still use the standard unit weapon? Is the weapon exhausted or the full miniature?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Phil Andiel
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To my understanding it is only the weapon that is exhausted.
But I am at work so I can't quote you the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From page 14 of the rules reference

b. Choose Weapons: The attacker can choose one weapon from each eligible mini to contribute to the attack

Therefore it seems you could choose the regular squad weapon if the special weapon is exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
air show
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
From page 14 of the rules reference

b. Choose Weapons: The attacker can choose one weapon from each eligible mini to contribute to the attack

Therefore it seems you could choose the regular squad weapon if the special weapon is exhausted.

I think so. Even if exhausted, the miniature is still on the ground then he could attack with his Unit. Sure it would be nice if someone wrote it in the Rules Reference, maybe in the Exhaust topic (pag. 27)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if the special weapon is not exhausted, you can always choose to use a regular weapon instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.