Jetice Stylus

Maryland
msg tools
So far I am understanding the game however two card texts are confusing me and those I play with. It's not stated in the rules but if anybody could shine some light I'd be appreciative.

I don't have the deck in front of me but Ramona has a few cards that say "... if no unmatched drama cards are in your hand." At first I assumed it meant when I have 1 or less drama cards in my hand but another player stated it means when I have a "match drama" card in my hand and I choose to not play it thus leaving it unmatched. The choice of wording is a little odd so we decided to stick to having 1 drama or none in hands.

During our playthrough another player bought the mesmerized idol/fan card. (Again not near the deck so I can't remember) but it stated that "on acquisition... eliminate a plot card" I think... so he used it and then discarded it. I pointed out that it had VP on it and that he needs to keep it and that the ability couldn't be used anymore. But halfway through he convinced me that he could do it whenever he drew at the beginning of each phase... again is that the correct use of the card?

Thanks in advance to all that reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Garvens
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
OW!
badge
Suuuuuuuperrrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetice wrote:
So far I am understanding the game however two card texts are confusing me and those I play with. It's not stated in the rules but if anybody could shine some light I'd be appreciative.

I don't have the deck in front of me but Ramona has a few cards that say "... if no unmatched drama cards are in your hand." At first I assumed it meant when I have 1 or less drama cards in my hand but another player stated it means when I have a "match drama" card in my hand and I choose to not play it thus leaving it unmatched. The choice of wording is a little odd so we decided to stick to having 1 drama or none in hands.

During our playthrough another player bought the mesmerized idol/fan card. (Again not near the deck so I can't remember) but it stated that "on acquisition... eliminate a plot card" I think... so he used it and then discarded it. I pointed out that it had VP on it and that he needs to keep it and that the ability couldn't be used anymore. But halfway through he convinced me that he could do it whenever he drew at the beginning of each phase... again is that the correct use of the card?

Thanks in advance to all that reply

Unmatched drama cards refers to having any drama cards in your hand that you are unable to use or match. It does not refer to having an action cards in your hand that allows you to match drama to and choosing not to do so.

if a card says "on acquisition" it means that at the exact moment you pick up that card. It does not mean you get to use it every time you acquire another card. If it wanted you to be able to use it whenever you drew, it would say "when you draw a card"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.