Tiny Epic Zombies» Forums » General

Subject: Print 'n Play files - Too many objects! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am a backer of the premium Print and Play and, since the files were sent yesterday, I went to a printshop today.

I was surprised with the time and the shop worker told me that some pages had a lot of objects. The worst pages were the "CALL THE C.D.C." Objective (A4, ORCPNP) and page 2 of the Rulebook (That has all the components).

The Objectives took 27 minutes to print. Only 4 pages! And, of course, I gave up waiting on page 2 of the rulebook and we converted it to a PNG simple image file.

BUT, I can't complain about the quality! Everything is very clear.

Of course, it might be printer that was not so good/fast, but I made this topic just to alert the PnP makers that it might take some time to print everything!

See ya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not suppose to go to a ‘print shop’...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone wants to ruin it for everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
KingJackalope wrote:

Ok, so arrest me. I don't have a printer.

I guarantee that the files in my flashdrive are not in the shop's computer. And I don't intend to break the rule of distributing the files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure they will be ok with having your local printer output the files. Not everyone has access to a full colour printer that can run cardstock at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded the files myself. They are pretty large files (40+ MB). Looks ok to me though... I work at a printing company (digital and litho) and there is really nothing I can see out of the ordinary. Depending on how the pdfs were created, it could cause some slow down, processing them for the printer however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
micah cantrell

Longmont
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think it is a matter of arresting you, but a matter that your actions might effect other who want the PNP. Since you were not supposed to do what you admitted doing, the creator may just take the files down for other who have not been able to get them yet...like me.

It just seems to me that people should think about their actions in a larger context
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tr qx
msg tools
Fubanga wrote:
KingJackalope wrote:

Ok, so arrest me. I don't have a printer.

I guarantee that the files in my flashdrive are not in the shop's computer. And I don't intend to break the rule of distributing the files.

Genuinely curious question: is the "no print shop" restriction really about leaks?

The way Gamelyn Games host and sent the PDF files, now a lot of people at kickstarter, bitly, google, and every third party mail hosts of the recipients can access them. I'd rather trust a print shop tbh.

I'm not interested in printing the game since that looks costly and a tedious task compared to waiting the final product, but I sure wouldn't print it with a home printer, even for playtest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You’ll have to ask Gamelyn Games why they don’t want us doing it. All I know is every pnp has this. I’d LOVE to take it to my print shop. It’d be a lot nicer and save my ink. BUT... the fact is they ask us not to. It’s what we agree to as PnPers. I know for a fact my files wouldn’t go any further either. But I agreed to it. For me it’s more of an honor thing I guess. I don’t agree to something then do the exact opposite. I respect Gamelyn Games and feel it would be disrespectful to do the ONE thing they ask us not to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have thought this disclaimer was to ensure you weren't producing copies and selling them.... that would be illegal. If you are just printing it for home use....

I suppose the concern is that the printer would hold onto the files, making them available to anyone? Who knows. To be quite honest, unless you post somewhere that you are printing the cards at your local print shop, who would know, besides you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
Anyways... I just wanted to alert for the quantity of objects in the PDF and I wanted to know if there is a way for this to be better (for the future).

I will say nothing more about printing it at home or at a shop. It is an issue that does not deserve my time and attention. I will say only this, since "honor" was mentioned: I don't consider I did a bad thing, even if it was against the "rules".

Bye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't mean to offend you. Sorry. I really didn't think anything I said was that offensive. I'd really hate to see the pnp's disappear due to careless acts. I have a lot of fun putting these together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubanga wrote:
Anyways... I just wanted to alert for the quantity of objects in the PDF and I wanted to know if there is a way for this to be better (for the future).

I will say nothing more about printing it at home or at a shop. It is an issue that does not deserve my time and attention. I will say only this, since "honor" was mentioned: I don't consider I did a bad thing, even if it was against the "rules".

Bye.

Pedro, personally I do not think what you didnis even against the rules. My idea is that that line referred to large online printing services like Artsscow.

That said, allow me to say that if someone makes you a remark about the questionability of one action, going all huffity and deeming yourself above normal community moral standards does not do any good to your point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
capricorn_tm wrote:

That said, allow me to say that if someone makes you a remark about the questionability of one action, going all huffity and deeming yourself above normal community moral standards does not do any good to your point.

That is correct. You made me think about this issue. Thanks for pointing that out.

Sorry, Gamelyn Games. I had to break that rule because I don't have a printer. Will read more carefully the terms next time.

And David, we're ok man (we talked via personal message).

Have fun with the game everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubanga wrote:
I was surprised with the time and the shop worker told me that some pages had a lot of objects. The worst pages were the "CALL THE C.D.C." Objective (A4, ORCPNP) and page 2 of the Rulebook (That has all the components).

Hello Pedro. I make the Tiny Epic PnP files and yes there is a lot of information in the files we put out for the Tiny Epic games. I absolutely could make them so they print quickly but the quality would be sacrificed in order to do so. These are Premium files which many people do pay money for so we like to ensure the quality is as high as can possibly be without being too taxing on the equipment making it.

On my main PC, using Adobe Acrobat it took about 3 minutes to fully spool (send to the printer) the A4 ORCPnP file while on my Media Center PC (which is much more challenged in terms of processor & available ram) printing the PDF from within a web browser (I did not have Acrobat installed on that machine) it took about 8-10 minutes to fully spool it to the printer. And my printer is an old Epson Artisan 730 so nothing super fancy there either.

So obviously peoples mileage may vary ;P

Fubanga wrote:

And this is why We want the game to wow your friends when you bring it to the table! Not to mention we like making you all look good "WOW you made this? That's amazing!" A high quality source PnP file is the key to both of those reactions.

Thanks for supporting the game and going through the time and effort to print this out! I look forward to hearing your reactions. Some pics on here of your finished copy would be awesome too!

--Charles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That is really cool Charles! Thanks for sharing with us. Do you prepare the files for Panda Mfg too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hafheim wrote:
That is really cool Charles! Thanks for sharing with us. Do you prepare the files for Panda Mfg too?

No this is all I do for Gamelyn ;P But I do/have done that for other designers ;P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McGinnis
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar problem.

I opened the file in Adobe Acrobat and attempted to print and it pretty much froze and couldn't get it to print at all. Of course I didn't wait more than 10 minutes.

I was working on a Mac so I opened with Preview which I think is Mac's in-house pdf reader. No problem at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
Fubanga wrote:

Hello Pedro. I make the Tiny Epic PnP files and yes there is a lot of information in the files we put out for the Tiny Epic games. I absolutely could make them so they print quickly but the quality would be sacrificed in order to do so. These are Premium files which many people do pay money for so we like to ensure the quality is as high as can possibly be without being too taxing on the equipment making it.

On my main PC, using Adobe Acrobat it took about 3 minutes to fully spool (send to the printer) the A4 ORCPnP file while on my Media Center PC (which is much more challenged in terms of processor & available ram) printing the PDF from within a web browser (I did not have Acrobat installed on that machine) it took about 8-10 minutes to fully spool it to the printer. And my printer is an old Epson Artisan 730 so nothing super fancy there either.

So obviously peoples mileage may vary ;P

Fubanga wrote:

And this is why We want the game to wow your friends when you bring it to the table! Not to mention we like making you all look good "WOW you made this? That's amazing!" A high quality source PnP file is the key to both of those reactions.

Thanks for supporting the game and going through the time and effort to print this out! I look forward to hearing your reactions. Some pics on here of your finished copy would be awesome too!

--Charles

Hey, Charles. Thank you for the answer.

Below are some pictures of my Tiny Epic Zombies deluxe PnP version.

Thank you for the quality!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plimapeli Pedro
Brazil
flag msg tools
A little update. I used cardstock for the tokens now and "retired" my Khazad-Dum box. Now it's a proper Tiny Epic Zombies box!

Happy with the final result of my PnP. Thanks again for the image quality in the PnP files.

See ya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very awesome!! I have yet to put mine together. This might be one I wait for the official release for if I wait much longer. Hard to say. I want to but currently busy on another project I'm working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME PICS GUYS!!! Those look fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.