Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Sorcerer City» Forums » General

Subject: Sorcerer City: A cynic's positive viewpoint -- The oxymoron of the day! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Chand
United States
California
flag msg tools
I've been fairly active on the Sorcerer City thread. I started off with a lot of energy which faded into some negativity about the selection of certain stretch goals. As most people with strong opinions are, I voiced it and faced mild to moderate resistance. Had some agreements/disagreements and for the most part, I think I still stand true to the words I've said in prior posts, however, today I'm taking a slightly more positive approach.

As many of the backers know, this morning DCG released their next funding quest -- GameTrayz insert! Now, for those of you who own Grim Forest, Mechs vs Minions or Wasteland Express, you will know why this is a big deal! GameTrayz is best in business. The Grim Forrest inserts were not perfect for everyone though as some people mentioned their frustrations with sleeves. For someone who almost never buy's or make inserts for games, I deeply appreciate it when the creators take the time to include inserts. Although not a surprise in Grimm Forest, I was very happy to see how well the inserts worked. It made setup and cleanup a breeze! It was a free upgrade for the KS backers in Grim Forest days. I think it was a good way to show people value in the inserts. So today, when I saw that upgrade for Sorcerer City, I was quite happy although I knew it was coming.

Now, I've been hit or miss about various decisions that the publisher made during this campaign, but overall, I think I am satisfied with the campaign. I was wondering if I would stick to the Deluxe or just back out entirely, and although I'm not happy with all the SG's, I'm very much sticking to my Deluxe pledge because the entire package for Sorcerer City is so enticing. I hope that I am just as satisfied when I finally get the game in hand in January (hoping for a Christmas miracle that gets the games in my hand this year!)

In summary, I think DCG is doing a great job running this campaign. I know that the final package you will deliver will be nothing short of perfection as Grimm Forest was. Excited to see what's next for DCG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hudson
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most companies will over promise and under deliver. But with Grimm Forest we got more in the box than we were told during the kickstarter, Game Trays. The same thing is happening with Guardian's Call. Now we are getting miniatures that weren't included during the kickstarter. I think it's cool that Druid City fights to improve the game even after funding ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.