Concordia: Salsa» Forums » General

Subject: Concordia Reduced Sodium? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought Salsa and just had a go at it this morning in a 2p game using the Hispania board. We didn't find that it added all that much to the experience, really. Were we doing something wrong? I built in 2 salt cities and when I ran the region using the Prefect, I would collect salt, which I then used as a wild resource. (I also collected if hubby ran the region, of course.) Hubby also had a salt city in a different region, but he never ran that region and I never did either so that he wouldn't get any salt. He was oddly focused on buying up silk-producing cities and ignored a lot of stuff -- I beat him, obviously.

Were we playing the game wrong? Is there some other way to get salt that having a house on a salt city and collecting when you or someone else runs the region using a prefect?

Why is this expansion so highly praised? I'm not saying it's not great, just that after one play we have yet to discover its savour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Don’t forget, beyond using as any resource during the game, the salt can be used during scoring. For example Minerva: he could have counted the wild salt as a cloth city.

Also, the expansion adds the forum tiles, which can be really beneficial and add an interesting balance between trying to collect as much tribune as possible and getting a tile before your opponent. Last the tighter map to boot is nice (though no longer the tightest).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R3DSH1FT wrote:
Don’t forget, beyond using as any resource during the game, the salt can be used during scoring. For example Minerva: he could have counted the wild salt as a cloth city.

Also, the expansion adds the forum tiles, which can be really beneficial and add an interesting balance between trying to collect as much tribune as possible and getting a tile before your opponent. Last the tighter map to boot is nice (though no longer the tightest).

Oh, I we didn't count the salt cities, so we missed a trick there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.