Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have card 134 "Flesh and Bone". One option is to "Encounter any [Wasteland] until you find Olivia's sister."

I'm sitting on a Wasteland, so I encounter it. The encounter card gives me several options, none of which mention Olivia. I choose to ask the stranger to join me. It says to reveal Asset Cards until I find a companion.

QUESTION: There is already a companion in the shopping line. Do I use that one, or (as I suspect) do I ignore the shopping line and just reveal new cards?

I revealed a companion and didn't meet the qualification, so I discarded it. Then I spawned Card 003. A bunch of options.

QUESTION: As long as an option does not require a specific action like "Encounter" or "Explore", etc., can I do it all in one turn? (I think yes. The only limiting factor that causes a turn to end is taking my second action?)

So am I to assume after all this that if a card does not specifically mention Olivia, then I have not yet found her, and I could/should keep encountering the Wasteland space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, there should have been an Encounter card that you seed into the Encounter deck (shuffle it with the top card of the deck if you're playing one character solo) that will mention Olivia. You're definitely looking for a specific encounter card.

As far as the questions, for 1) do what the card says - reveal Assets until a companion is found, and 2) your Encounter in this case would be an action. Another Encounter (if you haven't found Olivia on your first one) would be your second action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl S.
United States
Sun Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, only one encounter can be done per location per turn. So you can not sit in one location and do two encounters as your two actions for a turn. even if you use the perk that allows additional movement and actions, if you already did an encounter at a location you can not do another encounter at that specific location until your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. I didn't know that. Thank you.

Thumb up