Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"We have to change our way of thinking if we really want to change the future." - Saki Watanabe, "Shin Sekai Yori"
mbmbmbmbmb
My partner and I played the "And the Winner Is..." co-op mode a few days back. We were a bit at a loss concerning what to do when refreshing Amon's deck under the following conditions:

1) Amon has not been hit yet (his wound cards are still on his mat)
2) Cards A and B have already been removed from Amon's deck on previous refreshes
3) You are checking for refresh at the end of a round and cards C and D are in Amon's discard

By how we interpreted the rules, it seems like card C should be removed, leaving only card D in the game. Then card D is immediately discarded face-down to make Amon's new "deck" (which now contains no cards to draw). We figured that either one of following happens:

1) The players instantly lose because Amon cannot draw a card on his turn
2) Amon skips his draw phase. If they players have not added a wound card to his deck by the next refresh phase, they will lose because card D will be removed

Are either of these correct? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Buzzi
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I tried playing this mode as well and was a little bit confused. I believe for the chi blockers you take a card and create the discard pile as you have said but for Amon I did not do this.

Maybe that is in the rules to not do this for Amon or its not but it made the game much easier this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have my rulebook for Amon, that's why I haven't popped in and provided an answer here. But, I'll do my best from memory (and when I do find that PDF again, I'll check it and pop back in if I was wrong):

To the first question -

You indeed lose the game.

To the second question raised by the second poster -

Amon should also remove the top card of his deck face down, just like the Chi Blocker deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
"We have to change our way of thinking if we really want to change the future." - Saki Watanabe, "Shin Sekai Yori"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jessey. I searched the rulebook high and low for this and don't think it says, so it's good to get an official designer response. This is how we're play from now on, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.