Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide between these two games. Has anyone played the other game that could compare. Low on funds can afford only one. Thank you in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to guess most will say Pandemonium given that game's fame, but I haven't played it. I own and have played Lobotomy several times and I enjoy the game quite a bit. I love the theme and research the company put into it and it's fun to play. The quality of the game components is impressive with very well designed and constructed miniatures. The hilarity of The Warden figure alone is worth the price of the game IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you for the feedback! I really should just take a plunge one way or the other as this is driving me crazy lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
I'd say pandamonium...as at least you can buy that game haha.

Lobotomy is still vapourware for ROW backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pandemonium.

Wait for Lobotomy to get a new publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Thanks guys sounds like it's pretty unanimous. I guess my decision is made Thank you all again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
Wow Thanks guys sounds like it's pretty unanimous. I guess my decision is made Thank you all again.

You're in the US so you can get Lobotomy with all of the KS goals just by contacting Titanforge and checking on availability. The minis are more compatible with other similar games (Peter Constant can be used in Vampire Hunters, for example).

I am still trying to get a hold of the people who made Pandemonium after ordering it as a pre-order on Backerkit. The website says that the pre-order has ended, so it may not be as available as the others have made it out to be.

Thanks to the stuff that Judgment Dave and others have done to make the game experience better, it would be wrong to suggest that it isn't a great game. There have just been a lot of delays with shipping.

Chances are high that this game will be supported in some fashion by the developer, whereas it looks like the people behind Pandemonium have moved on to making VR stuff.

UPDATE:

They got back to me on the Facebook page and they said there are very few left, but I'd be able to purchase a set. I'd recommend you give that a shot as well as I was able to get everything including the add-ons for about the same price as the core box is going for on eBay (ordering on Backerkit and then contacting them to make sure they have inventory available). Shipping is $50 since it's coming from the EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much. I have contacted them via FB hopefully I hear something soon as to see if this is possible. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sithknight19 wrote:
Thank you very much. I have contacted them via FB hopefully I hear something soon as to see if this is possible. Thank you so much for your feedback.

They made it seem like they had at least a couple. You need to order it on Backerkit, though, and you can do that right now.

I'd like to point out that Lobotomy will have some retail availability through the Titan-Forge website and it is an awesome game. When there's no time crunch, you should definitely check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great and has a very unique feel to it.

But: The way TitanForge is handling the KS project is horrific. As already mentioned the ROW backers are still waiting for their games while TF sells KS copies (exclusives included) in Essen.

It is so sad that another company is ruining their own franchise by poor communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.