Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we know that when a Capital is attacked, the Serfs who were used to build buildings (and thus are in the building slots) add to the defense of the Capital.

But are they still considered Serfs for ability purposes? For example:

-Does the Orc player get his +1 vs Serfs
-Can the Dragon eat one? If so, do you lose the building (ouch!)
-Does Weaken reduce their strength?

My take on it is that no, they are no longer considered Serfs and are considered a 'building' which adds to the strength of the Capital only. Too many messes can result from continuing to treat them as Serf units.

Corollary question:

Serfs that are used to follow/muster are obviously still Serfs for combat purposes. But if they are sacrificed/eaten/whatever, they then would 'uncover' the action they were originally on, theoretically allowing that actions to be done again. Intended?

Thoughts? Rulings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Thoughts: I agree with you, a serf in a building is much easier to deal with as part of the building.

If an action is uncovered it can be taken again (it’s a fringe case and not something you can provoke and if your capital was attacked you are in enough trouble already)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the player board under Capital Level 1, enemy spells and abilities have no effect in your city. So...

Yes Orcs get +1 for your serfs in buildings
No the dragon can't eat them
No you can't weaken them with spells

Basically anything in your courtyard is protected from spells and abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
SDDonkey wrote:
On the player board under Capital Level 1, enemy spells and abilities have no effect in your city. So...

Yes Orcs get +1 for your serfs in buildings
No the dragon can't eat them
No you can't weaken them with spells

Basically anything in your courtyard is protected from spells and abilities.

This is only true for abilities from outside the capital, if your capital is attacked it can be affected by abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M0ebius wrote:
Thoughts: I agree with you, a serf in a building is much easier to deal with as part of the building.

If an action is uncovered it can be taken again (it’s a fringe case and not something you can provoke and if your capital was attacked you are in enough trouble already)

Apparently this was asked and answered on Facebook:

Orks:
Q: Blood Tent Ability 2: When attacking a capital the +1 strength per enemy serf, does it apply to all serfs both in courtyard and in buildings?
A: Yes.

Which then would follow that Serfs in buildings are regular 'Serfs'. And thus can be Fireballed, Magic Missiled, Eaten by Dragons etc etc. But it leaves the unanswered question of what happens to the building? And can someone choose to kill those Serfs rather than the ones in the Courtyard.

And then what happens to Heroes who no longer have the supporting building?

Not a fan of that rule. I think Buildings should be Buildings and the Serfs are just marking the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talenn wrote:
M0ebius wrote:

Apparently this was asked and answered on Facebook:

Orks:
Q: Blood Tent Ability 2: When attacking a capital the +1 strength per enemy serf, does it apply to all serfs both in courtyard and in buildings?
A: Yes.

Which then would follow that Serfs in buildings are regular 'Serfs'. And thus can be Fireballed, Magic Missiled, Eaten by Dragons etc etc. But it leaves the unanswered question of what happens to the building? And can someone choose to kill those Serfs rather than the ones in the Courtyard.

And then what happens to Heroes who no longer have the supporting building?

Not a fan of that rule. I think Buildings should be Buildings and the Serfs are just marking the building.

On FB Michael Coe said serfs on action bar and on a building spot are immune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Some of us don’t have Facebook and are missing out on these rulings if anyone could copy over the consolidated FAQ there it would be a charm for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So a lv. 3 Pyro would only be able to blow up units in the courtyard? This is how we played, as it made most sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
So a lv. 3 Pyro would only be able to blow up units in the courtyard? This is how we played, as it made most sense.

Correct. Serfs on the action bar and on building spots are immune to removal abilities/spells.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Grewe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The undead airspire has an ability that is saying: enemy serfs are -1 strength when against the airship (dracolich). I would think that if the undead dragon attacks an enemy capital city, the serfs used to build buildings are not affected by this. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.