Chimera Station» Forums » Rules

Subject: Differences between Euro edition and Retail Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got the game - yay!

Was a little sad to find out that the newer "Euro" edition was not the one offered in Retail.

I was wondering what the differences were besides iconography?

I was looking at the rulebook for the Euro edition, and they have a picture of all the modules, with a little more written explanation, and while the card icons are different I thought that printing those pages as reference could be a good idea.

But I wanted to know if there are any gamelplay changes? Even as small as the price or VP reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
There is no difference in the gameplay in any way. Only the icons and materials are different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The TMG english version has english text everywhere.
The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time.
(And there is the KS-only deluxified TMG english version: added metal coins and wood instead of cardboard in some places.)

Gameplay is identical everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

I would have expected the euro version (language independent) to become THE version.

If it is the beautified and simplified version, why is the old version still being produced and sold?

The Euro version should definitely be one of the versions, in the version section on bgg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I would have expected the euro version (language independent) to become THE version.

If it is the beautified and simplified version, why is the old version still being produced and sold?

At least three reasons I can think of:

1. As ALeX just said above, The TMG english version has english text everywhere. The Gamebrewer euro version has icons everywhere - and you have either to learn which icon means what or look it up every time. Some people would prefer the former, other people would prefer the latter.

2. They're produced by two different companies, for two different markets.

3. We've only printed Chimera Station once, I believe. So it would be hard to say we are "still producing it" when it was printed once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.