Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoltan Barta
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Yesterday we had an EH session with the new expansion (and everything else included except small maps). Unfortunately the selected Prelude card was one of the new MoN ones: all of us got a Corruption condition as a first go against Antediluvium.
The major issue in the game was to get rid of the Corruptions. It worked only by death, got zero (0) boons. Eventually we won the game but characters died because of the Corruption.

I believe I understood the Corruption text well enough but still I would like you to confirm the following.

Corruption card:
Reckoning: Gain an Eldritch token.
Then flip this card. ->
You may gain a Dark Pack Condition to discard all of your Eldritch tokens. You wake coughing blood! Resolve EACH effect that applies based on the current Eldritch tokens you have.
1+: Gain an Injury or Illness Condition for each Eldritch token you have.
3+: Resolve the Reckoning effect of each of your Injury and Illness Conditions treating all die rolls as 1s.
Then flip this card.

So, here are the list of the conditions.
Injury: Back injury, Head injury, Internal injury, Leg injury
Illness: Diseased, Infection, Poisoned

Total of 7 condition types. You cannot have more than 1 from each, so based on the above corruption text, you can have a total of 7 conditions.
Now let's pretend that the reconing effect happens in every round.

Round 1: Getting an Eldritch token, current token number: 1. Since I'm in 1+ but not in 3+, receiving a random Injury or Illness. Current condition number: 1.

Let's pretend that reckonings does not removes the conditions as all tests are success and I do not rest either.

Round 2: Getting an Eldritch token, current token number: 2. Since I'm in 1+ but not in 3+, now receiving 2 random Injury or Illness, something I do not have. Current condition number: 3
Round 3: Getting an Eldritch token, current token number: 3. Since I'm in 1+, now receiving 3 random Injury or Illness, something I still do not have. Current condition number: 6
AND now, since I'm in 3+, all of these conditions are happening with failed rolls, so all 6 conditions activates at once.

Result: on this way approx 90% chance of death in the 3th round.

Of course we can say that:
- if you rest you can have a chance to get rid of some conditions
- maybe you get a boon and the corruption card discarded
- maybe no 3 reckonings happen in a row, so you have extra time for the above 2 to happen

But you get what I want to say here.

Am I correct with the logic above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you’re right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 90% death in the first 5 rounds since for most of the AOs there are two blue mythos cards at the beginning of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the 'most' common card type tends to be the Yellow cards (Omen, Reckoning, Spawn Gate(s)) in terms of make up. Though, with one personal story the entire makeup of the Mythos deck could be shaken up if they get their consequence (reshuffle the REST of the Mythos Deck)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could take a dark pact on 3, resetting to 1. Buys you some extra time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, that can only be done once thanks to the "One copy of that condition can only be in an Investigator's pool" rule (like why you can't take a second Debt condition and thus you can't take another loan out if you rolled poorly on your Acquire Assets Roll after taking a loan out). So, you gotta 'tank' any future corruption activations once you take a Dark Pact (And you have to make a single die roll against THAT too once per Reckoning). Also, it's a full clearing of Eldritch tokens too, since the choice to take the Pact occurs AFTER you were to place a token on that card. Gotta make that trip to Rome then (Most common place to gain a boon), but woe be to you if M'ell is the ancient one (Rome loses its native encounters with it starting Devastated)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should work as you described. Banes are the worst conditions to get, and corruption is no different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.