Subject: How do the skills "+1 free [action type] Action" work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
Hi,

We just played the tutorial game and disagreed about how Nelly's starting skill "+1 Free Move Action" works.

- One side believes that the free move action must be used like every other action, so one at a time:

Search - Make Noise - Move - Attack

In this case, if all characters are blue level, Nelly has four Actions every turn, provided at least one is used for a Move Action.

- The other side believes that since *all* characters only have three Actions this free move action is "folded into" another action, like this;

Search - Make Noise - Move AND Attack

Which is correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played for a while. When does it matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiff Reynolds
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthin wrote:
- One side believes that the free move action must be used like every other action, so one at a time:

Search - Make Noise - Move - Attack

In this case, if all characters are blue level, Nelly has four Actions every turn, provided at least one is used for a Move Action.

This is the correct answer - a +1 Action is an extra action for that character that can only be used for the indicated action. It can be used in any order, as long as it doesn't break the main rules for the game.

For example, Ned, in original Zombicide, starts with +1 Search Action. Many energetic discussions arose over this but the official rule is that this means Ned has FOUR starting actions, one of which CAN ONLY be used to Search. And it's one and only one Search - he doesn't get a SECOND Search, that's still once per turn, per the main rules of the game.

Later, in Yellow, Ned has FIVE actions, four of which can be anything, one that can only be used for Searching.

And finally, in Orange (if he picks the skill), he has a total of SIX actions - one to Search, one for Combat, four for anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Larsen
Denmark
Horsens
flag msg tools
ipreuss wrote:
Haven't played for a while. When does it matter?

I was thinking this was a timing thing. But I just went back and re-read the introduction paragraph.

Somehow I had understood that each Survivor only had one action before moving on to the next Survivor. When all Survivors had had an Action, the First Player's Survivors would take their next Actions, then the next player's Survivors, etc, and that this continued until no Survivor had any Actions left.

But after the re-read, I no longer think that. I think that all of a Survivor's Actions are done before moving on to the next Survivor. Making my initial question is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your idea of move and attack is what the bloodlust melee skill is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All free actions are in addition to your normal actions for the turn and can be taken at any time, but only for the specified action.

Some skills may require to use an action to use the skill but will specify this in their description and another category of skills require no action/dont give a free action to perfom, for example taunt/shove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.