Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all got this a little while ago but finding the rules are throwing me on a few points.

1.does tuskinhoof stay on the board with the hero Sandeep at all times and fight alongside him but not as part of his army. I presume yes as he does not have an elite side and would take up a melee slot.

2. I'm a bit unclear on claiming territories as during setup although all of you allied race units start on your territories you do not place ownership banners on them. Just seems a little weird to me that on your turn you can move see units of their territories then on a subsequent turn back onto them to capture them.

I probably have capturing territories al wrong.

So who can actually capture a territory and who cannot.

3 I assumed that all the units on the map matching your ally were yours to move. And that heroes can absorb them into their army.

The cards seem a little vague as to when exactly they can be used.

Please help I'm liking this game but quite confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi all got this a little while ago but finding the rules are throwing me on a few points.

Hey Gary thanks for checking out Battleborn Legacy. I think you will find all your answers in the rules addendum we did after launch but I have attached the answers to your specific questions below. Have fun!

1.does tuskinhoof stay on the board with the hero Sandeep at all times and fight alongside him but not as part of his army. I presume yes as he does not have an elite side and would take up a melee slot.

Tuskinhoof is Zandeef's pet boar and acts like an additional melee unit and needs to placed with other melee units on the melee track. Tuskinhoof does not have to stay with Zandeef and the main army and can be moved as an individual unit; however if Zandeef were to take a wound that would kill him, Tuskinhoof could not use his special action of jumping in to take the wound.

2. I'm a bit unclear on claiming territories as during setup although all of you allied race units start on your territories you do not place ownership banners on them. Just seems a little weird to me that on your turn you can move see units of their territories then on a subsequent turn back onto them to capture them. I probably have capturing territories al wrong. So who can actually capture a territory and who cannot?

All races are placed on their territory types at the beginning of the game but each player only controls 2 territories at the beginning of the game. The territory with their hero/stronghold and the territory with their race lord/race unit. Both of these territories will need banners to show ownership. Only heroes and race lords can use their diplomacy ability to recruit their race units. Any units can capture territories by winning battles.

3 I assumed that all the units on the map matching your ally were yours to move. And that heroes can absorb them into their army.

Only after the hero or race lord moves into the territory and uses their diplomacy skill. After diplomacy the units are now under the players control and a banner maybe placed on the territory otherwise the race units are considered neutral but favor the players hero and racelord.

The cards seem a little vague as to when exactly they can be used. Refer to the addendum for card reviews.

Good Luck!

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
In a recent game, where I was teaching a brand new player, this came up and could be confusing. I tried to use phrasing such as "That's a random Dwarf Clan, not your Dwarf Clan."
To add into the confusion I asked the new player to roll against my attacks so the brand new player is using dice in behalf of the Random clan but still doesn't own them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bartlett
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the term random race clan makes perfect sense. Players will be rolling for random undead uprisings as well so both add to the confusion but after a test play or two it should become more clear hopefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Holm
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb

Here is a photo of some black and white race tokens. They are printed on 100 pound card stock.
I will use them to represent the board’s unaffiliated clans that exist before being recruited by the player.
I choose to enlarge them a little bit just so they are different from the regular token in 2 ways.
As I was cutting them out I knew I was supposed to cut away the bleed lines (I think they are called that) but on a whim I kept them and now the token is a lot bigger.
The purpose of these black and white tokens is to help newer players … and me…. visually recognize which of my chosen race I actually control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.