Battle for Rokugan» Forums » General

Subject: Aww darn it! I lost a control token while punching and bagging. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says, I managed to lose one of the little control tokens for the Crane clan while I was sorting the game out and bagging it. I think it went down the side of the sofa, and, well, I had a rummage as best I could, but no luck, and with all the bits of biscuit, hair, nail and other gross stuff you always find down a sofa that's over 10 years old, I'm not sure I'll want it even if I did find it.gulp

So, question for those that have played it. If I'm playing a game and someone really wants to use the Crane clan (I know there are 2 'spare' clans so you would never have to, but y'know, if someone really likes playing blue), is that one missing token gonna be a problem? Do you get close to using all 30 control tokens during a game? or are there always loads spare?
I'd usually be playing with 4 or 5 players, maybe 3 on rare occasions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You need it.
Just write FFG and ask for a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, its a fine time for http://parts.asmodeena.com/ to be down isn't it!

Oh well, I guess there is no rush. I'm going to try and get this played later in the week, using the other clans. I'll be interested to see how close anyone comes to getting all their control markers out on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two 5-player games and none of us ever came close to using all our control tokens. We never found we could to hold or reinforce provinces enough to get loads out.

I think you'd be fine to play as is for now, just subbing in another clan's for face-up tokens (just not the Crab's) if you really need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Johnson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The site finally came back up and I submitted a request.
I decided to be completely honest about losing it. If they tell me to sod off I wont be too upset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.