6 Posts

The Legend of Korra: Pro-Bending Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hold tokens useless for player 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Spangenberg
msg tools
Hi,

I played my first few rounds against myself to get familiar with the game and have one question about hold tokens.

So far they only seems useful for the first player had he can prevent a Bender of Team 2 from moving.

But if Team 2 plays a hold tokens it's absolutely useless because Team 1 will not move and the tokens an the board get cleared after the element tokens got resolved.

The only way I see is of Team 2 can force a line advance.

Do I understand this correct it do hold tokens stay on the field like mines?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal McClatchey
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Players check hits after each turn. Then the opposing benders tokens are removed from the board. So after team 2’s turn you would remove all of team 1’s tokens and apply hits where necessary. Team 2’s tokens remain until the end of team 1’s next turn. So the hold tokens are still very much useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spangenberg
msg tools
Thanks for clarifying this,

My mistake was to see Player 1s and Player 2s turn as 1 round and clearing the board after the round.

This way it's way more useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrispy86 wrote:

My mistake was to see Player 1s and Player 2s turn as 1 round and clearing the board after the round.

I still have the question...when the element tokens come off do the status tokens on the board come off too? The rules don’t make this clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:
Chrispy86 wrote:

I still have the question...when the element tokens come off do the status tokens on the board come off too? The rules don’t make this clear.

Yes, all of your opponent's tokens (including hold, pressure, combustion, etc) on the arena will be cleared during the Check Hits step. See Page 6 for the quick version, page 15 for the long version.

Tokens on the team board (daze, yellow fans) do NOT come off during this step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud Enderlen
France
Lyon
Rhone
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1 Hold token only prevents 1 Bender move (hold token is removed the time it cancels a Bender move).

So do not hesitate to put several hold tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.