Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Beasley
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Played 2 more games of Ogre again, with Andy.

Game 1: I was the Ogre. He placed three howitzers near the defense line, and had left a spot down the side where I could run through under fire of only two.
I hung back at first, drawing out his GEVs and infantry and picking them off one by one. He took heavy losses, and since he didn't have much amor left, he could not stop me from blitzing by and hammering his howitzers. A pretty lopsided victory.

Game 2: I had been thinking a lot of how to possibly beat the Ogre. If you read my other session report, you will recall I was able to win with defense, but that I had no units left. This time, I thought I would change my strategy. My strategy this time was based on the perhaps incorrect assumption that I could use a 1 power infantry to attack his 4 defense main battery at 1-2 odds. Is this correct? I figured I would just swarm him with infantry, take heavy losses, and remove his main battery. Then, I would just go all out on treads.

So I set my infantry in front, and had 1 howitzer. My armor was 1/2 GEV's and 1/2 HVY tanks. I rushed him at first, and with a lucky hit, one 1/1 infantry took out his main battery on a roll of 6. I then surrounded him with GEVs and tanks to take out his treads. When his movement was reduced to 2, I figured I had the game won. I kept hammering his treads and secondaries, until I realized he was very close to finishing off my CP with a missle! I focused all my attack on the missile and destroyed it. He kept coming for my CP and I wasn't able to destroy all of his treads in time. Damn. I felt like I was winning that game.

Critical errors:
-I had 1 GEV lagging behind the whole time that didn't get much fire in.
-I went for his secondaries when I should have focused more on treads.
-The howizter didn't do much. It got one shot in before losing to a missile. 2 HVY tanks would have been much much better.

I'll try again next time! By the way, does anyone know if you can fire at 1-4 odds and still use the 1-2 table? It feels a bit like cheating to do that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Session Report
Julien2 (#32935),

I responded to your identical query you posted as an article, you need at least 1-2 odds to have a chance of hitting (and on the other side, if you get 5-1 odds or better, you get an automatic "X" result).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.