One of Nova’s cards reads like this:
“Holographic Projection
Ranged
0+ Recruit
2+ Attack
Ranged: Versatile 3
Cost: 5
The Nova Force can be channeled to virtually any purpose.”

So it has a printed attack of 2, but also “Versatile 3.” If I choose attack for the versatile keyword (after playing another ranged hero, natch), does this card, have 3 or 5 attack? Basically, does the versatile number replace the printed attack number, which is usually but not always 0, or is it in addition to whatever attack power is printed on the card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasoninlow76 wrote:
One of Nova’s cards reads like this:
“Holographic Projection
Ranged
0+ Recruit
2+ Attack
Ranged: Versatile 3
Cost: 5
The Nova Force can be channeled to virtually any purpose.”

So it has a printed attack of 2, but also “Versatile 3.” If I choose attack for the versatile keyword (after playing another ranged hero, natch), does this card, have 3 or 5 attack? Basically, does the versatile number replace the printed attack number, which is usually but not always 0, or is it in addition to whatever attack power is printed on the card?

The Versatile value is in addition to the 2 printed attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you've already used a Ranged card, then you can use the Versatile points either as additional attack or as recruit. More specifically, the card can generate either:
2 attack and 3 recruit
or
5 attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Inlow
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks. That’s what we decided and how we played it. There was just some initial discussion about it and I wanted other players’ opinions to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
If you've already used a Ranged card, then you can use the Versatile points either as additional attack or as recruit. More specifically, the card can generate either:
2 attack and 3 recruit
or
5 attack.

It doesn't have to be completely allocated to one resource - you can split up the Versatile X into both currencies. If you've already met the Ranged trigger, you'd be able to make any of these:

0 recruit, 5 attack
1 recruit, 4 attack
2 recruit, 3 attack
3 recruit, 2 attack

EDIT: I'm an idiot and can't read rules properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:
2 attack and 3 recruit
or
5 attack.

It doesn't have to be completely allocated to one resource - you can split up the Versatile X into both currencies. If you've already met the Ranged trigger, you'd be able to make any of these:

0 recruit, 5 attack
1 recruit, 4 attack
2 recruit, 3 attack
3 recruit, 2 attack

According to the rules from Dark City, you get either attack or recruit, you cannot split the versatile points.

Proof:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:
2 attack and 3 recruit
or
5 attack.

0 recruit, 5 attack
1 recruit, 4 attack
2 recruit, 3 attack
3 recruit, 2 attack

According to the rules from Dark City, you get either attack or recruit, you cannot split the versatile points.

Proof:

Yup, it's Versatile, but not that versatile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'll be damned. I've been playing Versatile wrong for almost 5 years now. Oops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
Well I'll be damned. I've been playing Versatile wrong for almost 5 years now. Oops.

Stuff like this happens. I just learned that when one headlight is out it's called a "padiddle", and I've been saying "badiddle". I'm pretty sure my whole life is a lie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls