United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Congress of Gamers conventions
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as Hot as the 4 for $20 they offered at Christmas, but worth the post.

There are many other items included in this sale, but gamers will be most interested in three 54 card decks with custom art on both sides. I used this process in December'17 to get printed sets of fan generated, alternative Terraforming Mars corporations, and was pleased with the results. If you don't want to design your own, there are lots of pre-designed gamer decks you can just click and print on BGG.

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/3-for-18
Coupon code (use it only at checkout): SHPTIME

Pre-designed decks for many games:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/arts-cow-card-sets-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was thinking of ordering some power grid money on cards. I forget where I saw the link for those though. I see some in that pre-designed decks thread but not the ones I had seen before. Not sure what I'd use the 1-2 other decks on though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steinhauser
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmaho wrote:
Was thinking of ordering some power grid money on cards. I forget where I saw the link for those though. I see some in that pre-designed decks thread but not the ones I had seen before. Not sure what I'd use the 1-2 other decks on though.

Maybe here: Item for Geeklist "Arts Cow Card Sets - Direct Links"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Chia
United States
Gardnerville
Nevada
flag msg tools
Polska! Polska! Polska!
badge
Corporate T-Rex doesn't reply to emails because his hands can't reach the keyboard
mbmbmbmbmb
kmaho wrote:

Here it is: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/item/931209#item931...

I think you'll have to use all 3 decks though. Definitely no way to just use 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hayter
United States
Verona
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I like this deck of Power Grid monies best:

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/power-grid-mone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Jackal
United States
Nowhere
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very glad you posted this since a couple days ago I was wondering how long I'd have to wait for another code like this.

However, it doesn't seem like the "multi-purpose cards" are working for me, just the 54 designs (which has a single standard back). Not a big deal, but just FYI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hayter
United States
Verona
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, do you have a link to the Terraforming Mars deck you mentioned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Puente
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone ever tried to do multiple orders using one of these coupons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
horsethiefbandit wrote:
Eric, do you have a link to the Terraforming Mars deck you mentioned?

Here's the thread with links to editable and finished artwork:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1887545/104-fan-designed-co...

A friend may be making an extended and improved set and use this deal. I'll post here if he gets serious about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engelmann
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Eric's actual photo!
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueJackal wrote:
I'm very glad you posted this since a couple days ago I was wondering how long I'd have to wait for another code like this.

However, it doesn't seem like the "multi-purpose cards" are working for me, just the 54 designs (which has a single standard back). Not a big deal, but just FYI.

Here's the text for the deck offer which clearly offers two sided custom art:

Standard poker size 54-playing card deck includes 2 jokers. Both front & back sides are digitally printed with your photo in full color. It measures 2.5" x 3.5". Cardboard case included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric P
United States
Collinsville
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric Engelmann wrote:

Standard poker size 54-playing card deck includes 2 jokers. Both front & back sides are digitally printed with your photo in full color. It measures 2.5" x 3.5". Cardboard case included.

Their description is vague.
Both sides are digitally printed.
Your photo is full color.
But is the photo on both sides? Maybe not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this sale is only for the 54 designs card deck (front only). Backs must all be the same. The actual multi-purpose card deck is not listed in the sale and does not appear to be part of it. The description below unfortunately has no bearing on whether the photo can be different on each card.

Eric Engelmann wrote:
BlueJackal wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
vpreacher wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to do multiple orders using one of these coupons?

I did 9 decks of cards with the previous 3-for-$18 deal. Everything went just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hayter
United States
Verona
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't seem to be working, at least for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pierce
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Looks like this sale is only for the 54 designs card deck (front only). Backs must all be the same. The actual multi-purpose card deck is not listed in the sale and does not appear to be part of it. The description below unfortunately has no bearing on whether the photo can be different on each card.

Eric Engelmann wrote:
BlueJackal wrote:

Right, the multipurpose deck (not included) is the most useful if you need different backs for some of the cards in the deck. If they all share the same back artwork, then these will work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
horsethiefbandit wrote:
Personally, I like this deck of Power Grid monies best:

http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/power-grid-mone...

This is the one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common issues to be aware of:

There are multiple varieties of these decks. The most useful (and expensive) is the "Multi-purpose Cards (Rectangle)" with 54 different fronts and backs. Second most is the "Playing Cards 54 Designs" which gives you 54 different fronts all with a single back.

Be cautious, some other card design options include the poker card numbers on their face.

I personally advise giving your designs a 20% increased border "bleed" edge (either a black or white border). Otherwise the edges tend to be cut too close and you lose text/art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Common issues to be aware of:

There are multiple varieties of these decks. The most useful (and expensive) is the "Multi-purpose Cards (Rectangle)" with 54 different fronts and backs. Second most is the "Playing Cards 54 Designs" which gives you 54 different fronts all with a single back.

Be cautious, some other card design options include the poker card numbers on their face.

I personally advise giving your designs a 20% increased border "bleed" edge (either a black or white border). Otherwise the edges tend to be cut too close and you lose text/art.

the standard card suits and ranks (clubs/diamonds/hearts/spades and A-K, plus 2 jokers) are an option that can be toggled on or off, both for the entire deck and individually card by card. this has never been a problem for me, and i've ordered from them many times.

with regard to centering and bleed area, it's been hit-or-miss. sometimes they come out perfect, and sometimes with white edges even when i've been careful to extend the image all the way through the bleed area.

but at $6/custom deck, you can't match that price anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fisher
United States
Middletown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone have any idea of the schedule of their sales for the multi-purpose cards? I have used them in the past but it has been a long time.

Thanks for your attention and time.

:D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scfishman wrote:
Anyone have any idea of the schedule of their sales for the multi-purpose cards? I have used them in the past but it has been a long time.

It's much, much less frequent than in the past. If there are two such sales a year count yourself lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have the Lectio cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fisher
United States
Middletown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aelfric Brewer
msg tools
mbmbmb
scfishman wrote:

they ran that sale on their sister site cowcow, at the incredible bargain price of 4-for-$20, last november. i'd been waiting and watching for it for a while because there were a bunch of different-back-design decks i wanted, most notably the thing unauthorized print-and-play game.

but i think it was literally the first sale i've seen on the multi-purpose cards in several years.

in contrast, the current 3-for-$18 54 designs deck (single back design) sale seems to come up every couple of months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Blow
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
steinhauser wrote:
kmaho wrote:

I like this design and I'm itching to use it on this sale, but the denomination is on the wrong corners for the way I fan cards in my hand, so the value in the corner would be hidden. Can anyone who has used this design chime in on whether that's been annoying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steinhauser
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CryHavoc wrote:
steinhauser wrote:
kmaho wrote:

I like this design and I'm itching to use it on this sale, but the denomination is on the wrong corners for the way I fan cards in my hand, so the value in the corner would be hidden. Can anyone who has used this design chime in on whether that's been annoying?

I have them and love them - they are so much better than the paper money. As I'm playing with them I probably associate the denominations with the colors because they are so prominent on the cards. The denominations on the "wrong" corners doesn't bother me at all - I splay the same way you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.