6 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » Rules

Subject: Card 320 Question SPOILERY rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ry Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has been using this combo to score points, and I think it's legal but I'm not sure.

She chooses a building that has an iron cost. She has an advancement card that gives her a VP point whenever she chooses a building with an iron cost. Great, no problem. But she also has this Friend card #320 that earns her a VP whenever she uses a building in the blue charter(which is her home charter) that earned her a VP in the first place.

My question is whether or not for this Friend card to activate does the building have to have a printed VP on it, or is earning a VP indirectly from another source also a way to activate 320's bonus. There are plenty of cards that do this same thing, so hopefully we've been playing it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Yes, the friend bonus will trigger when using the building gains the VP from any source (this has been discussed in other threads). It does not have to be a printed building benefit - it counts VPs (or coins for those relevant friends) from minions, personas, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goody
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The friend card gives 1 ADDITIONAL VP every time you use a building in the indicated charter!

This means workers, minions etc, whenever they are placed in that coloured charter they score 1 VP.

There is one for each colour so it is quite good to grab the one for yours and hang on to it if you want to score big.

My wife did a similar thing to yours in the red charter and was able to score around 3 points a turn by selling bricks, it was hard to keep up with but not impossible.

My advice to you if you're playing against this is to open crates and get personas / other cards so you can come up with a combo that is equally strong if not stronger.

(Edited for clarity)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vestal
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inquisitorgoody wrote:
The friend card gives 1 VP everytime you use a building in the indicated charter!

This isn't quite true (you may have just mistyped, but I wanted to clarify for future readers). The friend card gives 1 additional VP when you use a building in the indicated charter, if you gain VP. So if you place a worker in the matching charter, but don't gain any VP, then the friend also doesn't provide any VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goody
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is exactly what I meant, thank you for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncertainty around these "+1 VP" friend cards are responsible for multiple threads.

FWIW I think these are among the most lucritive advancement cards in the deck. For comparison, the average VP gain/value from a persona in any given game is 3-6 (or was in my experience), and can come with challenging conditions. That friend alone can easily generate 10+ VPs in a single game on the sole condition of first generating at least 1 VP (Which you should already be doing in the first place). Getting a hold of the one unique to your charter ASAP is a must.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.